Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Howard Eagan aka "Scooby" 09.19.10

TowNews

Howard1.jpg.d091de42f8a5778b96ab0f26a1118277.jpg

Just received word of the passing of Howard Eagan

We honor a man who has achieved the title of Industry Legend.

Howard was a regular on the old message board and has fought a hard battle with cancer over the past few years. Please join us in remembrance of Scooby, he was always the loudest voice in the crowd. He will be missed by many in the industry.

Found on Howard Eagan's FB Page:

Arrangements; will be at the Rhoney funeral home, located at 901 Cayuga st Lewiston NY 14092 you may pay your respects from 2:00 pm till 5:30 pm.

We will be having a drive by tow truck procession on Saturday 09/26 at 6 pm following the conclusion of the ceremony, we ask that you limit your response to two trucks per company. Social distancing is in effect. Saturday please see either Chuck from Johns towing or John from Beauman’s towing please meet us at Portage and Seneca for directions on where to stage.

For the out of town companies you may come in Lewiston on Center and make a left on Portage.

More details added as they become available

No matter if you thought Scooby marched to a different drum ... I believe Scooby was one of the LARGEST personalities in the towing and recovery industry. He was everyone's friend whether you wanted him to be or not. He loved fine cigars, a deep glass of cognac, and the chance to blow smoke in your face as he watched with that mischievous boyish grin. A man of many talents, he'd always make it a point to cross the floor and tell you one of his really bad jokes. Truly a jokester himself, Scooby lived life on his terms and made that painfully clear when he bought his Goldwing. We spoke about him riding once the effects of Chemo and radiation subsided, saying he would meet half-way. He said, "I'm on a mission to ride with or without my illness." I'll never forget that and will forever remember his elation for life. The impact he made on me will be a great loss and this is indeed a sad day. You will be missed and there will NEVER ... EVER be anyone to fill your shoes. Here's to your ride on that Goldwing to God's Kingdom.         R

• Like 4

Randall C. Resch

May the lord keep him safe, his time here has come to an end, but the joy and life he shared will live always in the hearts of all of you. May you all find peace and solace that you will once again cross paths with you friend and love one and he will ask for the rest of your stories. So live well so you will have plenty to tell. 

Absolutely devastated to learn of Scoobys passing...we were only laughing and joking together along with Billy leonhauser  in Atlantic City..a few months ago

.that meeting was priceless  !!  And I shall never forget it ...two Huge characters ....now both gone ....boy that hurts  !!

I had the honour of attending Scoobys  Mat Jack class at the show and his very complimentary comments to me as regards my honour in front of the whole room...

Even in his illness he had time to make fun of it and the fact that chemo does not affect hair loss on his backside ...     what a guy !!!

My only regret is not being able to work on the job site or attend one of his training  courses proper...

Please convey our sincere condolences to his extended family...friends ...and work mates .....from the  UK  towing industry ..

Rest in peace Dude ....you qualify for a pair of Gold Wings ...and see you on the other side...

John and Aileen Coupland...

RIP Scooby.  You will be missed!

IMHO Howie deserves to be in the Hall of Fame for his many contributions to this industry and the betterment of countless operators and companies. Our industry is definately  better because he was part of it.

• Like 2

50f1535da778f3db0ed5dfeb7f08e8426ed36c1.

Michigan International Speedway - Race Recovery Team Member

John Sweezy III  added a message on his personal FB page:

I have had a difficult time putting words to this post. I know we will carry on and I know everything will get better but I know things will never be the same. I had the opportunity to learn from one of the best.

Howard Eagan could be crass at times but sometimes it is what you needed. He was often like an older brother. He was family. He got up in the morning and was always all about making the industries he served and the people he knew better. So goodbye my friend and so long my brother until we meet again may the Lord hold and protect you in the comfort of His arms.

HEMATJACK.jpg

Matt Bartlett added a message to his personal FB page:

So trying to think of what to say has taken a few hours. 11 years ago I met a guy "Howard Eagan".

I thought was the most brash and arrogant man I ever had met. I listened to why I need good hair products, how an SP can out work anything made, and why the most important item you can carry is a mirror. I learned about airbags and how to use them and more advanced rigging in jobs and built off of that. After a while I became his "fuck up" as he would put it because I moved a lot and where ever I was he would say I messed this up or messed that up. Then I started helping him, John and Jeff with some classes and seminars and we forged a friendship that I enjoyed. The last few years I've hated to watch my friend fight and have so much taken from him over and over but still have the will and strength to keep fighting. He would hold out hope and make everyone around think he was ok and just having a minor issue. My brother you and Jeff have taught me more in life and I have formed new friendships because of you. We have a band of brothers and tonight we all miss and are raising a glass to you that you are pain free and can now rest easy. Keep the mirror handy up there brother!!!!

Raise a glass. TO MEN WITH BALLS!!!! (and good looks)

HEMBA.jpg

HEMBB.jpg

• Platinum Sponsor

So sorry to hear the news of Scoobys passing. RIP to a good man. Sending prayers to his family, friends, and co-works.

Contact: Doreen Aragona - Integrated Leasing - Office: 800-551-4854 Ext 20

Email: Doreen@integratedleasing.com  Cell 516-852-5740

integrated18.jpg

www.INTEGRATEDLEASING.COM

Very saddened to hear of Scooby's passing.  Howard was a great character, larger than life, smart, funny, loved the tow/recovery industry, a good speaker, and was eager to share his knowledge & experience with others.  May God bless him richly.  My condolences to his family and his many close friends.  

https://www.rhoneyfuneralhome.com/obituary/Howard-Eagan

Obituary

Howard L. Eagan of the Town of the Wheatfield, NY, passed away on  Saturday, September 19, 2020, in Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center.  He was born in Niagara Falls, NY on February 11, 1966, a son of Robert Eagan and the late Bonnie [Miers] Eagan.

He graduated from LewPort.   Howard was employed with Leaseway Transportation and as a foreman with Penske, before becoming a heavy tow truck operator with John's Towning in Buffalo and Big Red Towing in Syracuse for many years. He is now an instructor with MatJack Industry in Indianapolis.

He was a member of the 3F Club, the 9/11 Memorial and enjoyed riding his Goldwing Motorcycle and camping.

In addition to his father,  he is survived by his wife Janeene M. [Tokarczyk] Eagan, his children Marcas Eagan, Jessica Marquart and Danielle (Brian) Curry, two grandchildren Natalia Curry and Taya Marquart, a brother Robert (Rene) Eagan, Jr. and good friend Kimberly Simpson and her children Andrew, Ross, Tara, also several nieces and nephews.

His family will be present on Saturday from 2- 5:30 PM at the RHONEY FUNERAL HOME, 901 Cayuga Street, LEWISTON, NY, followed by Funeral Services at 5:30 PM.

Flowers are gratefully declined. Memorials may be made in his name to Pequannock First Aid & Rescue Squad, 528 Newark Pompton Turnpike, Pomptom Plains, NJ  07444 or Roswell Park Alliance Foundation.

Due to current regulations, facial coverings and social distancing will be required.

• Thanks 1