Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Does anyone do business with Quest anymore?

TowZone

02-18-15:

This forum does not see much action. The Quest website is still active so I can only guess there are not any issues. Is the volume just at an all time low?

02-18-15: ASAPautomotice said:

They call maybe once a month. Lately when there name pops up on caller ID, they're calling to see if an accident tow-to-storage has been released.

02-18-15: doingitall said:

I get a few calls a year from them. No issues, pay fast.

02-18-15: Advancedtowingofwa said:

It is hit and miss with them sometimes. I get a few calls a week from them sometimes it's a few calls a month. They are the best motor club I work with fast paying no issues or hassles good rates.

02-18-15: National Autow said:

We had to cut them loose a while back. Not many calls but they had us store an accident car for a few days then said they wouldn't pay for storage. It was the craziest thing I ever heard. We threatened a trip to the court house, they paid and we parted company.

02-18-15: 5Towman said:

Only had contact with them a couple of times this past year. Quoted them a price and got paid up front with a credit card. Best way to do business.

02-19-15: Weboslh said:

I've worked with them for about 6years. Been good till the last run I did, got shorted the enroute miles. They have this "thing" while you submit the run on line if they think it is too high, it's rejected. Then you take what they think it's worth or you spend time showing why your invoice is higher than what they think it should be. I don't like chasing MY money. I haven't said anything about this because overall Quest has been good to me as a provider. Then they started this "rejection" thing. Signs of allstate beginning to show.

02-19-15: Kelly Neal said:

We don't get a lot of calls from them but they pay above most other clubs and the turn around for payment is fast and rarely have a shortage and when it happens they correct it quickly.

02-19-15: FredsTowingnj said:

They have been sending me some decent calls lately.

02-19-15: mooresbp said:

Not many calls, good rates and pay fast. Not many issues with them.

02-21-15: anybodytowing said:

No issues with them here. One a month or so... always CC up front. We are more than happy to work for them.

02-21-15: Towman92266 said:

Just did one Thursday for them. I am very selective with what I take and they don't call very often.

02-21-15: middstate said:

We did a service call for them this week. It was the first time I have herd from them in about year and a half. They paid with a credit card no issues.  

02-21-15: HTI said:

volume has been up lately but ok on short runs for me.

02-21-15: BigIron said:

We probably do 15 to 20 calls a week for them. Decent rates, quick pay.
Their invoice system has built in filters that flag certain invoices that are out of range or have multiple services invoiced.
When that happens, just one call to our rep and it is approved. Overall we are pleased with Quest. Marshall

11-23-15: RandyR said:

I used to do quite a bit of towing for Quest but they seem to have died out. I've done a couple calls this week and now I remember why I have quit most of the clubs.  
When you add winching to a tow they wan to pay for 15 minutes only.  We used to get paid for a full hour when we did any winching. Lets see $80 per hour = $20 for 15 minutes. Guess I'll have to give them a flat rate quote and keep reading my book. Randy.  

11-24-15: Redtoprecovery said:

Credit card for all the clubs. Charge twice as much and do half the calls...... seems to work pretty well.
Quest used to be busy 2-3 years ago, only do a few a year now over here as well.

11-24-15: MACK6X6 said:

I told Quest to hit the road when they began telling me how long a recovery was going to take while they had me on the phone dispatching it.  

I do not have one of their crystal balls!!   LOL.  Thanks, Steve.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Quest has gone the path of Allstate ,bye that I mean they constantly try to negotiate after service has been completed and not paid. had really great rates for 15 years but no volume they talked into a contract years ago with no volume so negotiated rates to reflect no volume or retail rate for 1-2 calls per month. Recently they either sold out to Allstate or as I was told they have a new Director recently of Allstate management. I am in a rural are and cover a 50 mile radius for most clubs, Quest restricted me to a 20 mile radius about 2 years ago with only receiving 1-2 call per month no big deal . Now they have evidently picked up a few clients in the Pittsburg Washington Pa area ,30-40 miles out of my restricted area that they have me assigned to.  1 st call 50 mile deadhead and 15 mile loaded to a total of 65 miles from home base ,Billed them $3.00 per mile return milage for a total of $195.00. havn't been paid yet and as you can guess a heated discussion took place . They had asked me I could take this call outside of my restricted area,.  Tow took me 1 1/2 hours from home base , they offered $1.00 per mile, told them $3.00 per they agreed since I told dispatch in advance. Now have questioned my route taken, via Interstate vs rural 2 lane road and county maintained rural road with 35 mph speed limit and Coal truck traffic as such. ETA was main concern so I took the path of least resistance Interstate 49,7 miles in less than an hour . Gave the same quality service and met the ETA way outside my area . They have now suspended my account. Told me my rates are ridiculous and to high , I asked if my rates have been the same for 15 years why weren't they to before ?  James sawyer was the rep and told me that I have the highest rates in the whole system! my response was Great!, someone has to be and I don't see why it shouldn't be me . I was fired. After 15 years of a great relationship with no volume came to end in just 4 short months of their new format. No respect , no loyalties, and no honor.  

I want to know how your rates can be the highest in their system, when clearly mine are. My rep told me the same BS last year. My rates are "ridiculous" (rates have not changed in 5 years.), I have a rating (on their internal scale of 1-100, 100 being best) of "5", so very poor scores related to call acceptance and eta's and customer satisfaction (none of that can be true, you will not get better service from anyone around here, and I have not missed an eta more than once in the last year. I am a one man operation, so yeah I probably did miss a call or two last year due to being busy on others ...). Does not matter to me, if I cannot get a decent rate, the truck has a nice shop to stay warm in... Long story short, they have the attitude of the big dog, with nothing to back it up with. Now add to that their new vendor portal that has yet to work correctly for me, and as of today, I cannot even get it to log in ... 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Quest went to credit card only there new Quest-X website sucks it takes 60 to 90 days to get short paid last call they called me 10 times in over 5 hours for a cust stuck on interstate wanted to give us card info after we did call gave them a click on the phone cops called us we went out to tow it they wanted me to bill there road service told them cash card or car goes to storage lot till we get paid 

• 4 weeks later...

Never really did much with them in the past but lately, I have been getting a few calls a week from them for about a month now. Never had a contract with them so its always cc up front. I charge them my regular public rates and they never bat an eye. Dispatching is spot on, everything gets emailed to me and best of all, when they call me they keep it simple. I am off the phone in less than 5 minutes.  Nothing drives me more nuts than when these clubs call then put me on hold 15 times while they try beating me up on my rates.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE