Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Mini on the rocks

I had a call for a Mini that had rolled backwards over a small embankment coming to rest on a rock retaining wall/railroad tie steps. This needed a lift & roll forward rather than a drag to prevent any undercarriage/fuel tank damage from the rocks. I was in my F550/Chevron 408 independent, I called my Son in Law to assist in my F450/Chevron 408 Integrated for lift to both sides of the car as I didnt feel I could do this efficiently with 1 truck. We rigged to both rear wheel hubs with straps & a 3rd line from the 550 to a tree/chain/snatchblock then back to the front of the Mini for a forward pull. We left the Mini in park as we lifted the rear then winched it forward using the 3rd line while following with the lift to the rear. No damage to car, customer drove it away under its own power.  Thanks to the admin here for the extra picture capacity:)

IMG_4492.JPG

IMG_4508.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4498.JPG

IMG_4510.JPG

IMG_4513.JPG

IMG_4512.JPG

IMG_4515.JPG

Edited by Orcas Tow
  • Like 6

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

11 hours ago, Orcas Tow said:

Thanks Ed, still working on purchasing a  helicopter for these kind of jobs but its still not been passed in the budget at this time.

LoL...We had one in the body shop yesterday!

20210526_111112.thumb.jpg.5b2c756ce1decec18553667c5708c390.jpg

Picked it up & brought it in for maintenance on the trailer & new tires...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Excellent work on the recovery Orcastow. It is always a good feeling when you can get one to drive away on its own. 

And Ed, Gimme a call after you get that Huey wrapped in Team Eds colors... Its been Awhile but, I can give you some lessons on it. I am sure it is like riding a bike... LMAO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

1 hour ago, EdsTowing said:

Maybe you, me & Grumps can go partners in that one Ed, for sale & whats its lifting capabilities?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EdsTowing said:

Do you get to road test it?

Nice job as usual sir, always putting the tools in your tool box to the best use

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Orcas Tow said:

Maybe you, me & Grumps can go partners in that one Ed, for sale & whats its lifting capabilities?

Depending on the particular model / year Huey, She can externally carry around 5,000 lbs give or take which is pretty impressive for a relatively small, 2 rotor bladed bird. Now, if we could only get our hands on a Chinook...:thinking:

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

43 minutes ago, GRUMPS The Towman said:

Depending on the particular model / year Huey, She can externally carry around 5,000 lbs give or take which is pretty impressive for a relatively small, 2 rotor bladed bird. Now, if we could only get our hands on a Chinook...:thinking:

Ok so 1/2 ton pickups & passenger cars then!

• 2 weeks later...