Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down - 08.20.20 (TX) "UPDATED"

TowNews

Tristin1.jpg

18-wheeler crash in Kyle kills 22-year-old; driver arrested after leaving scene

TristenA.jpgTrestinB.jpg

KYLE, Texas (KXAN) — A man has been arrested after a crash resulted in the death of a 22-year-old early Thursday morning on Interstate 35 in Kyle.

Kyle police say Jose Luis Juarez, of Laredo, was driving an 18-wheeler north on Interstate 35 near mile marker 217 when the truck hit a box and tow truck parked on the right shoulder of northbound I-35. The tow truck driver, 22-year-old Tristen Cother, was killed on impact, according to police.

Both the tow truck driver and box truck driver were outside their vehicles when the crash happened. The operator of the box truck was hurt and taken to the hospital where he has been treated for his injuries, police say.

Police say Juarez, the driver of the 18-wheeler, attempted to leave the scene of the crash and was later arrested with help from the Hays County Sheriff’s Office. Juarez is in custody and has been charged with Accident Involving Death.

Kyle police received the call at 4:51 a.m. Thursday. I-35 has been cleared of debris and has reopened to traffic.

RESOURCE LINK with video

The 22-year-old tow truck driver was killed on impact.

Tristen2.jpg

Rest easy Operator, We will drag those chains from here..

Now I ask, How did the semi driver attempt to get away?? The truck is there in the median. Did He run on foot??

People PLEASE !!!! This is gotten WAY out of hand....Pay attention while driving...Move Over.... Stop killing us.. 

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

That is just up the highway from me. My condolences to this young man's family, coworkers, and friends. Mission Wrecker Service here in San Antonio dodged a bullet just recently. It is very dangerous out there folks. You have to do everything you can to ensure your safety. If you do not feel safe, do not complete the call. Abort the mission, regroup and coquer in a safer, safest possible manner. Your family needs you to come home

• Like 1

There's a sad reality that ... what should have been a simple load and go scenario ended in the tragic loss of life and another injured. I can only inagine that the semi-trucker's hit n' run defense (if he wasn't DUI) can be built on the premise he didn't see the carrier on the pitch-black Texas highway. For shere size alone, the box truck's high and wide profile would possibly have blocked most of the over-head lights to the approach. This fatal was a similar situation that occurred to an experienced tower (four-years ago) in Louisville loading a F-350 dually onto a carrier at a darkened shoulder location. And, GoodMichael is spot-on to say, "You have to do everything you can to ensure your safety." Even simple breakdowns on highway shoulders require special handling by towers ... nothing is routine or safe.

Christine and I share our prayers and condolences to this young tower, his family and the company he worked for.     R.

• Thanks 1

Randall C. Resch

• Platinum Sponsor

Another sad tragedy that could have been prevented. My heart goes out to the young mans family, friends, and co-workers. will be praying for all of them.

Contact: Doreen Aragona - Integrated Leasing - Office: 800-551-4854 Ext 20

Email: Doreen@integratedleasing.com  Cell 516-852-5740

integrated18.jpg

www.INTEGRATEDLEASING.COM

• 2 months later...