Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Quest got me...A LESSON LEARNED

GRUMPS The Towman

Ok, So for the past 2 months or so, I have been getting at least one call a week from Quest requesting service. Nothing too crazy, All in town tows and a couple flat tire jobs here and there. All the communications with their dispatchers have been quick, efficient and payment has been provided up front via credit card. Not being a contracted provider I charge them my normal off the street rates and they dont even bat an eye. Now we come to this past Wendsday . 

I accepted a call for a 9 mile tow and gave them a 60 min e.t.a.. The Information as usual was emailed to me and the dispatcher gave me credit card info over the phone for payment. I dont normally run any credit cards until I am at least on scene and I have my hands on the casualty vehicle Given how well all the other Quest jobs have gone smooth. I left the credit card info back on my desk figuring I would run the card when I returned home. I arrived with in 45 minutes at the location mentioned on the dispatch info and could not find the vehicle. I called the vehicle owner who answered the phone quickly and Politely. She told me the car was around the corner about a block away. she stated the key was in it and that she was not with the car. Ok, No biggie. I locate the car, load it  and off I went to drop it at the customers apartment complex. When I got to the complex, I called the vehicle owner And again she answered directly,  I told her I had arrived and asked her to come out and show me where she wanted me to unload the vehicle. She stated she was not there and that I could put the vehicle in any parking space next to building 3. She thanked me for the help and we hung up. I unloaded the vehicle, wrote down the vehicle info, secured it and placed the key in the gas cap door as the customer had requested. When I returned home I went to run the credit card and it was declined. I double checked the numbers and tried again. Nope. Given how all my previous calls had gone off with Quest very smoothly, I had just assumed I had written down the card info incorrectly. I have done that before. So I called them. and after about 35 minutes of being on hold, I hung up and I decided to try contacting them through email. I received an email back stating that the call was cancelled by someone for some unknown reason about 5 minutes after they had dispatched me. They couldnt tell me who or why, But it was cancelled, and therefore the credit card payment they gave me was cancelled. WTF!!! 😠 Now, Look back at what I wrote/ said above. It is a pretty accurate description of all the events that unfolded during this call for service. At ANY point did I mention that Quest had called me and cancelled the call?? Did The owner at anytime during the 2 phone conversations cancel the call??  Did I at any time tell Quest or the customer that I was cancelling service?? I emailed back stating that this call was NEVER cancelled with me, By ANYONE and I  performed the job as I was asked. I was then told that they would have their "Escalations team" look into it and get back to me by the end of the day. Here we are 3 days later and NOTHING. No payment, No email response explaining why they F*#Ked me over... Nothing..So, Needless to say once again, I have been taken by another scummy motor club. They are right there with HONK now who did some similar crap to me with a g.o.a. awhile back. Do I Need to start running these cards the moment I take the info?  What would I do if the call does cancel properly or there is additional charges to add etc..?? Guess I am going to have to revise my credit card/ motor club policy and make the disclaimer that all charges are FINAL. No refunds PERIOD. So Quest is Now added to my long list of "clubs" that will not get service from me ever again.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

I have been in the same spot where you are. I sometimes do motor club work when they cant get anybody else. They pay me my rate not theirs. I also have made the mistake of not running the card up front. So if a motor club  decideds not to pay for any reason. I get even with them ,and then some. Sooner or later they will need me again and they will pay dearly for my service. They get an education about what happens when you f##k with me,

Quest at one time was in the top 5 motor clubs. Had I been creating a Top Ten List in the early days of the message board they would have been in the top two. This is where they have been going over the past few years.

12. Quest - Motor Club - 2018 #15 - 2017 #7 - 2016 #5

As I look at this list, i say to those that disputed the results to look hard at it.

Will do it again at the end of 2020.

I actually had "talked them up" on here just a few weeks ago Tow Zone, On an older post. All has been good with them up till this point. I thought I might have found a club I actually wouldnt mind dealing with from time to time. Guess I was wrong..

10 hours ago, Stuart Wagner said:

It doesn't help to run the card right away. Allstate back charged one for me an hour later.

I figured that would be the issue with running the card right away. If they want their money back, they will get it I suppose. I would like to think they would at least call you to cancel Prior to doing the charge back. That is exactly why All my ppi tows and impounds are cash only.

Edited by GRUMPS The Towman

i was a contracted to Quest for 15 years with no complaints until last August was always paid well no volume to speak of , maybe thats why ,however later a new management team moved in and everything changed ,almost none of the people i had contact with remained in their management jobs. James Sawyer took over for the north east.a couple years ago they had restricted my zip code area to a 20 mile radius ,( i am in a rural area and most clubs had depended on me for the rural  and long distance runs)  not a big deal with restrictions as usually 1-5 calls per month and all usually with in that range. then i was being dispatched for picking up cars 52 miles away and towing another 15 miles even further away , when dispatched i had advised the dispatcher i needed return mileage for 69 miles back to shop as it has taken me out of my contracted "restricted area ". it was agreed too . when billed  James Sawyer had advised they would not pay as you may imagined a lengthy stern conversation and email battle began . During the conversation James Sawyer reviled that the new director came from Allstate Motor Club , that explainis alot i think ,since then quite a few people Erin Bray from Road -America and Alex Francesco of  Road -America , have joined Quest. Erin Bray was good to work with until near the end  , when almost everyone there was doing an about face. In my book i was a contract vendor for over 15 years with only 1 rate increase and that was issued to me ,and only had 1-5 calls per month with very few turned down. How can a venders rate be to high when virtually the rates remained the same for15 years ?  Sure there more to the story ,but it all relates to contracted rates not being paid after agreed too.  

UPDATE... 

I received an email this evening ( a week later )from Quest that read as follows.. And I quote..

GREAT NEWS Mr. Cermak !!! 

"We were not able to reach the customer in question to verify why she cancelled the call, But the regional supervisor wants to pay you a gone on arrival fee of $ 45.00. as thanks for taking the time to work with us. The credit card information is attached to this email."

😠!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!😠 

If that is not the most blatant, Ignorant, slap -in -the- face insult I have EVER got from any of these motor clubs.... 

It is apparent to me that they didnt even BOTHER to read my original email explaining what was done and what was happening, Let alone actually look into what happened as to WHY their customer would supposidly cancel the call, then STILL have me tow the car for her. I am BEYOND furious.. I emailed them back with a copy of the original email I sent and told them to keep their F#%king G.O.A. fee... The next call they ask me to do ( if they ever call me again ) will cost them dearly... I am done playing nice guy and getting it up the..... Well, you know....

Do like I do everytime a motor club has tried to f*ck me I raise hell and tell them don't ever f*cking call me again you'll need me sooner than later and when I tell them that they have always paid me 100% because I'm like you in a rual area and they don't have any contractors with in a 100 miles or more so I get a bunch of motor club calls because I'm the only Towing service in my area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1