Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Important General Membership Question

Since this is Memorial Day Weekend, I will keep this short.

We are nearly 2 1/2 years into a 3 year rebuild. The membership numbers are going up everyday as are the number of posts. Traffic is nearing a peak of the old board and soon to surpass those numbers. We still do not see the responses we once saw in the early days of Tow411 prior to a point when many visitors did not register as members and simply read topics. The member only forums only enticed some to join.

Now my question: There are currently 4,627 members. The lasted mass mail went out to 4,029 members. A total of 1,510 emails were opened and 460 were clicked thru to the links in the email (these are minimum numbers as reported). The post counts beside the topics only count members logged in and they only count each member once regardless how many time the member clicks on the topic. The old message board would count each and every click through. This is more accurate although it does not count guests, so when a member does not log in then the view is not counted. Please take the time to log in and if your the only one using the device you do not need to log out. The system will not only show active 15 minutes, 30 minutes whatever it is.. I don't think there is a setting for that.

So , did you really think I could keep it short... Onto my question for you!

With the number above in mind only 71 members have responded to the semi annual roll call currently taking place. Now, I know there are far more members logging in, so there have to be members not logging in as evident in the click thru report of 460.

QUESTION For YOU..... Is there a reason you have not responded to the Roll Call?

Seriously, this is like a census we need the most accurate numbers we can attain.

It Takes You To Assist Us in recording the activity level, this is done every 6 months

Thanks https://www.towforce.net/topic/9642-towforce-semi-annual-roll-call-may-15th-july-1st-2020/

Now Enjoy the rest of Your Memorial Day Weekend...

HFMD.jpg

It's kinda hard to say. I see a lot of interaction through my pages that has lagged massively over the last few months. Not sure if it's a lack of interest, or just no enthusiasm towards the industry, where work had steadily declined. Fingers crossed that the re-opening of the nation will bring these numbers back up!

Moe Timcoe 

This new system has been up for 2 1/2 years and just recently have a few members reported having issues with the setup. Because of this we will be posted a tutorial shortly. Stay tuned, this has not been a commonly know issue. If others are having any issues, it is our goal to make this as easy as possible to navigate with less confusion over other forms of social media. You will find the advantage of a message board being specific forums. While the majority seem to prefer the venue, we realize it may not be for some. Be assured we will do everything we can to tweak it till we get it right for an overwhelming majority. Stay Tuned... and May the TowForce be with you.

Scott, Click on your Screen Name then Click on Edit Profile. This new message board is far better then the old one. However, with any change there is a learning curve. We changed our software provider last year and think mom is still trying to figure it out. Our dispatcher caught on right away.

Now, I think that many are finding business is returning faster then they had anticipated as the weather warms and Americans just want to get on with life. Even, if they must except the consequences that can and will result. We need to protect those at high risk and get on with life. Myself, I did that today and along with some close friends took the boat out on the lake. Haven't taken a day off in ever so long, just checked in and the phone hasn't stopped ringing all day. More than half were from Motor Clubs such as Road America and Allstate. Our Dispatcher told them CC Only and they hung up only to call back 20 30 minutes later still CC and still they hung up. She finally stopped answering the Florida Numbers. Wonder if the members are still waiting, can anyone else relate?

On 5/25/2020 at 5:38 PM, yoBdaBenO said:

Scott, Click on your Screen Name then Click on Edit Profile. This new message board is far better then the old one. However, with any change there is a learning curve. We changed our software provider last year and think mom is still trying to figure it out. Our dispatcher caught on right away.

Now, I think that many are finding business is returning faster then they had anticipated as the weather warms and Americans just want to get on with life. Even, if they must except the consequences that can and will result. We need to protect those at high risk and get on with life. Myself, I did that today and along with some close friends took the boat out on the lake. Haven't taken a day off in ever so long, just checked in and the phone hasn't stopped ringing all day. More than half were from Motor Clubs such as Road America and Allstate. Our Dispatcher told them CC Only and they hung up only to call back 20 30 minutes later still CC and still they hung up. She finally stopped answering the Florida Numbers. Wonder if the members are still waiting, can anyone else relate?

I signed up with Allstate when the Auto Clubs first started. Seems to me like it has been more than 12 years now. My problem with all of the Auto Clubs is that they are still wanting me to work for the same price that we started with ! No Can Do ! The price of everything has gone straight out of site, so we Can NOT work for a 12 year old price period !

Depends on if users have their web browser setup to "remember" their login credentials... I know that I have my primary office computer workstation set to keep me logged in, but if I travel and visit here from one of my laptops or tablet/notebook computers that had been turned off for a while, that it might not do the "auto-login" when I visit the website. So, this "might" be one of the many possible reasons why.. Just providing some of my views. 

• Thanks 1

~ I'm not an attorney, nor do I represent to be one. I provide my personal opinion and that on behalf of myself, my company and our operations.

I responded to the ROLL CALL. I will make more time now that the activity level has returned. While it may not be the same as Tow411. There are certainly many new subjects to mess with, I mean interact with. Now, has anyone been effected by the resent violence. We're rural so we don't have city issues and are emergency personnel know many of the locals, if not by name. I do have friends in PA that own a business and stood guard overnight armed. PA is a stand your ground state, if they tried to enter they would be warned and then shot should they enter the business. We're Better than this as a country, we should all commend parents that are teaching their children right from wrong as these thugs destroy it.

Please be extremely careful as it seems the number of reckless drivers is on the rise as well as attempted to recover damaged vehicles. I suggest you two man your units. If you think your units will not be attacked doing their jobs, think again.