Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

New to wrecker trucks

Arsoncop

Hello everyone I'm new to the wrecker truck world and the forum.  I just acquired two trucks, a 78 and 79 Ford F350 wreckers. Both from a juck yard. One has a Holmes 440 and the other a Vulcan Industries. My plans are to restore the 78 with the Holmes on it. Not to work this truck just drive around and show it off.

Edited by Arsoncop

Welcome. There are PLENTY of people on here that will have great advice and resources for you during your restorations. Spend some time and look through these forums. there are places in here that are geared towards the vintage equipment. I think I can speak for most on here and say we love checking out old school iron. I am curious to see what type of old vulcan you have. The holmes unit will be sweet when you get it done. So stop teasing us and lets see some pics of these beauties !!!! 😃

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

• 4 weeks later...

Hey New Guy ... What you've mentioned has all the markings of being an award winning Rat Rod Wrecker. As a long-time judge for tow trucks and wreckers at tow shows across the US, I personally have a fascination for vintage tow trucks and rat rod wreckers. Rat rods are fun, creative and flat-out awesome. For me ... rat rod wreckers are the same modern hobby for adults that I experienced as a kid building models. If I didn't like the way they were going together, I'd mix a bunch of parts and come up with some off the wall version of my own. With the vintage tow truck's you have, may I suggest looking at building a rat rod wrecker? If you've got a pile of parts, a welder and a case of Krylon, you've got the platform of a rat rod. There are hundreds of em' out there where," part's is part", can be found at any junk or salvage yard. Forget about fit and finish and look at rust and fade as intricate qualities to build yourself a show winner, or a wrecker that everyone drools over at your local car shows. Nothing needs to fit or be accurate as it's you're imagination left to run wild. Have fun at what you build and like the guy's said ... send in some pics.  Here's link for play:    https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03-kqgA-oa24ys44loRB8ecwH66Jw:1583811528781&q=rat+rod+wreckers+pictures&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwieoMHc_Y7oAhWLuJ4KHRKGAjAQ7Al6BAgKECI&biw=1280&bih=559                                                                                                               R. 

Randall C. Resch

4 hours ago, rreschran said:

Hey New Guy ... What you've mentioned has all the markings of being an award winning Rat Rod Wrecker. As a long-time judge for tow trucks and wreckers at tow shows across the US, I personally have a fascination for vintage tow trucks and rat rod wreckers. Rat rods are fun, creative and flat-out awesome. For me ... rat rod wreckers are the same modern hobby for adults that I experienced as a kid building models. If I didn't like the way they were going together, I'd mix a bunch of parts and come up with some off the wall version of my own. With the vintage tow truck's you have, may I suggest looking at building a rat rod wrecker? If you've got a pile of parts, a welder and a case of Krylon, you've got the platform of a rat rod. There are hundreds of em' out there where," part's is part", can be found at any junk or salvage yard. Forget about fit and finish and look at rust and fade as intricate qualities to build yourself a show winner, or a wrecker that everyone drools over at your local car shows. Nothing needs to fit or be accurate as it's you're imagination left to run wild. Have fun at what you build and like the guy's said ... send in some pics.  Here's link for play:    https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03-kqgA-oa24ys44loRB8ecwH66Jw:1583811528781&q=rat+rod+wreckers+pictures&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwieoMHc_Y7oAhWLuJ4KHRKGAjAQ7Al6BAgKECI&biw=1280&bih=559                                                                                                               R. 

YEAH I HAVE GOT OF HELP FROM EVERYONE IN THE INDUSTRY. MY TOW COMPANY I HAVE STARTED A YEAR AGO FROM HAVING ONE TOW TRUCK NOW I HAVE 50 TRUCKS. THEY HAVE HELP ME SO MUCH THAT I CANT BE SO THANKFUL. NO ONE FROM THIS INDUSTRY STEAL FROM YOU OR LEAD YOU IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. AWSOMEE

YEAH I HAVE GOT OF HELP FROM EVERYONE IN THE INDUSTRY. MY TOW COMPANY I HAVE STARTED A YEAR AGO FROM HAVING ONE TOW TRUCK NOW I HAVE 50 TRUCKS. THEY HAVE HELP ME SO MUCH THAT I CANT BE SO THANKFUL. NO ONE FROM THIS INDUSTRY STEAL FROM YOU OR LEAD YOU IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. AWSOMEE

17 hours ago, Moose said:

OK, Tony you have my attention. You went from 1 truck to 50 trucks in a period of 1 year. If you do not mind me asking, why can I not locate a DuraTow in the state of California?

Well Moose glad you did a search for me and didn't find nothing. I was just being sarcastic. Theres a point to that comment i said. I can be polite and as people  for help i get no help, get pointed the wrong direction , or no responded. But i can say something rude to someone i get all this attention. Other thing this insurance companies go by LexisNexis data and  believe what they tell them about the person which is not true they proably just did a google search on someone and got it all wrong. Im just going throw it again i hate this feeling Moose dont mind me.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:50 PM, rreschran said:

• 5 weeks later...