Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Scooby Doo almost into house.

I had a call for a Subaru into a house. I arrived on scene to find a Subaru had gone beyond the parking blocks & was resting on the house with the transmission pan on top of a large cinder block.

Probably could have used the flatbed but thought it may drag trans pan across cinder block & create a mess, needed lift on both front wheels but that would take 2 wreckers. I'm a small operation on a remote island, so if possible I always try & use what I have on scene.

Using my 2001 F550 4x4 with a Chevron 408, twin 9,000 winches with swaged 3/8 wire rope I found a Holmes Tree placed about perfectly on the passenger side of the car for my needs. Using a ladder I choked a 3/8"grade 80- recovery chain/4 ton snatchblock up high on the tree for a high/rearward pull on the passenger side of the Subaru with my drivers side wire rope terminating to a WreckMaster K strap to the passenger front wheel, rigged my passenger side line directly to the Subarus drivers front wheel again terminating with a WreckMaster K strap/4x4 wood block creating clearance for strap to body. Boom up/out high for lift, blocks behind wheels for safety I  engaged winches & brought the car back up onto level ground without any further damage to the house or car. Replaced blocks & confirmed no undercarriage damage, happy customer.  

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

Edited by Orcas Tow
  • Like 3

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

Thank you for the kind words, as you know most times we are under some kind of push from Law Enforcement, customer, time/safety to clear or simply the next call pending so we get the job done. Every once in a while I get one that is not time sensitive, am able to document & share for the better of the industry as a whole as you can explain techniques all day long but pictures are worth a thousand words.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island