Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Jim Buck Sorrenti - Jul. 20, 1956 - Dec. 29, 2021

TowForce

JBS122921A.jpg

The Towing Industry has lost a good friend to many. JIm Buck Sorrienti - Field Editor American Towman Magazine who was once a fixture at the AT Tow Shows.

JIm passed early this morning, he will be missed by many as he without a doubt rides off to a much better place which awaits him at the end of his voyage. Ye Biker Bones, A Pirates Life he lead and he would have wanted it no different. Gods Speed

JBS122921B.jpg

This is from one of the posts on Jims FB page.

With great sadness my brother Jim Buck Sorrenti has drawn his last breath and is gone from this life. Jim was a bigger than life intellectual, vivacious reader, lover of music, consumer of beer and good cheer, life long motorcycle enthusiast and father and friend. I will miss you my brother. I will see you again, but not too soon. You will be missed by so many and remembered by all. We will watch out for your youngest (my nephew) and shepherd him into manhood.

- Diego Ortiz

JBS122921G.jpg

JBS122921C.jpgJBS122921D.jpg

JBS122921F.jpgJBS122921E.jpg

JBS12292GF.jpg

• Thanks 1

Jim called the world through his eyes and his emotions. American Towman was lucky to have Captain Jim as Editor bringing his writer and photographer talents to the towing and recovery industry. While I'm sure his battle with Covid was tough, he fought the good fight right to the end.

JBS122921H.jpg.857afa6d0f74dc1ca5f4b6d9f7b3e260.jpg

He's one personality I'll never forget. God Bless you Jim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Randall C. Resch

So sad to learn of the passing of  Jim.... whilst I never got to meet him ...I have read his articles in the A T for many years and recently was friends on FB 

His articles were always very interesting and informative...

Please convey our sincere condolences to all of his Family, friends and his colleagues and co workers at the American Towman Magazine...

From John and Aileen Coupland...on behalf of the UK Towing industry....

Copied from the American Towman FB Page:

Sorrenti had been admitted to Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, with pneumonia four weeks ago after catching the Covid-19 virus. Sorrenti had been fighting a life threatening lung condition for many years and suffered a heart attack six months ago.

Sorrenti was American Towman’s editor from 1999 to 2008, and the recovery editor since with articles appearing monthly in the magazine and weekly on TowIndustryWeek.com.

“Jim’s enthusiasm for the diverse work towmen perform was a gift to the magazine and its readers,” said AT’s Steve Calitri. “When he started with AT he went and got trained and certified by WreckMaster.”

“Jim had a real eye for this industry,” said John Borowski, veteran tower. “He was real keen on craftsmanship and workmanship of wreckers and thousands of readers zeroed into his My Baby column each month, featuring a stand-out wrecker.

“For over two decades, Jim helped make AT the magazine what it is today. We will miss him,” said Calitri.

He is survived by his wife Justine Karadontes, and five grown children: Jason, Jessica, Derrick, Damon, and Chance.

Jim "Buck" Sorrenti was one of the finest guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and working with. Truly one of a kind, we had several conversations about music, the industry, and just life in general. He was definitely one of a kind and will definitely be missed. Rest in eternal peace, Buck; your work here is done ...

--Charles Duke

• Like 1