Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

A little fishing trip for our crew-

We caught a Honda Pilot:

We received a call from the Pennsylvania State Police on 12/3/20 to respond to an accident in the area of 220 Bollinger Road, Elverson PA.  We were advised of a Honda SUV 2-3 feet from the road stuck in water.  We immediately dispatched one of our wreckers to the scene.  Upon arrival we found the vehicle had struck a bridge causing a large amount of property damage. 

IMG_5632.jpg

The vehicle ended up partially submerged in a creek below the bridge.  Water was above the hood and partially flooded the interior.  

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

A large amount of debris was scattered throughout the area from the broken fence, car parts as well as glass from multiple broken windows. 

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

Our operator discussed a recovery plan with the troopers on scene.  The ideal situation would have been to use a rotator to recover the vehicle, however due to weight restrictions on the roadway, low hanging trees and power wires directly above the vehicle, that was not a safe option. 

IMG_1139.jpg

At that time we requested an additional wrecker to the scene to assist in the recovery, as well as a two flatbed trucks.  One would be used to transport the vehicle and one to transport the large amount of debris.   Once given permission, our operators were able to secure the vehicle.  Both wreckers were used together to recover the vehicle from the waterway. 

IMG_1135.jpg

The front of the vehicle was lifted over large boulders in the waterway to avoid causing any damage to the oil pan.  Once out of the waterway, the vehicle was winched to the roadway using both wreckers.  At that point, the trooper searched the vehicle. 

IMG_1145.jpg

Once the trooper was finished investigating, the vehicle was loaded onto one of our flatbed trucks and secured for transportation to our main location.  All remaining large debris at the scene was swept up and placed into disposal containers.  The vehicle was transported to our main location where it was placed in our secure storage facility.  Crash wrap was used to cover all broken windows. 

IMG_1150.jpg

Our operators all worked together to cleanup the large amount of debris that was scattered throughout the area.  All large debris was stacked onto one of our flatbed trucks.  Small debris was placed into disposal containers.  There was a slight film on top of the water from the vehicles hazardous fluids.  Multiple absorbent pads were used to soak up any visible fluids. 

IMG_5652.jpg

All debris was disposed of.  All rigging was cleaned, inspected, and placed back in its correct locations. Our accident remediation trailer was sent to the scene with a generator and shop vac to clean up all of the small glass pieces from the waterway.  Any remaining debris was picked up and disposed of and the roadway was swept clean.

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

Thanks to whoever fixed my pictures.

We ended up speaking to Progressive on Friday and found full coverage and a great adjuster to work with.  I explained the situation and she cut right to the chase and asked for a total.  Before giving the price, i offered to send over a few pictures which she said would not be necessary.  I gave here a total and she had IAA pickup first thing this morning with no BS.  Wish they all could go this smooth.  We had 4 hours total in this job for each of our guys from start to finish.  We were paid in full for everything we did and we have received multiple compliments from people that saw the cleanup.

• Like 4

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

NICE... Thanks for the excellent Narrative. We used to see this regularly on TowForce. Most on Facebook just post pictures and no description. I stopped paying any attention to those as the replies are soulless for the most part. I prefer the professional replies here. Keep them coming, as I notice others joining in. I'll try to get some images of our next recovery, lately with covid it has been just shop tows and fender benders. If this keeps up I'm down to one or two trucks.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Moose said:

NICE... Thanks for the excellent Narrative. We used to see this regularly on TowForce. Most on Facebook just post pictures and no description. I stopped paying any attention to those as the replies are soulless for the most part. I prefer the professional replies here. Keep them coming, as I notice others joining in. I'll try to get some images of our next recovery, lately with covid it has been just shop tows and fender benders. If this keeps up I'm down to one or two trucks.

I hear that Moose. I would love to put more good, working job threads on here, I am just not really getting any big work lately. Same as you, the mundane shop tows and fender-benders are just making the bills.

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

• 4 weeks later...