Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down - 05.29.20 (WI)

rreschran

Freeway Service Driver Struck and Killed in Racine, Wisconsin

I'm incredibly shocked at this morning’s fatality of a freeway service patrol (tow truck driver) operator who was killed in a hit and run crash, possibly by a semi, attempting to remove debris from highway lanes in, Racine, Wisconsin. It was reported that the tower allegedly went into lanes to remove an item of debris when he was struck. The news reported the tower had over-head lights on, but law enforcement was not on scene and no traffic break was mentioned. A solid lesson learned if it's meant to be had. Christine and I pray for the tow operator’s family, the highway authority and the tow company he worked for. Just another example that SDMO laws don’t work ... God I ache.    R.

https://fox6now.com/2020/05/29/traffic-alert-2-lanes-closed-for-crash-investigation-on-nb-i-94-at-7-mile-road/

Randall C. Resch

Freeway service driver attempts to remove turtle from road, struck by semi on I-94

RACINE COUNTY — Law enforcement officials tell FOX6 News a freeway service driver who had pulled over to remove a turtle from the roadway on northbound I-94 near 7 Mile Road was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver on Friday, May 29. The incident happened around 9:15 a.m. — and it shut down two lanes of northbound I-94.

Officials say the freeway service truck was traveling northbound on I-41/94 near 7 Mile Road when the driver stopped, with lights on, in lane four to remove the turtle. While the driver was outside of the service truck on the shoulder of the roadway, he was struck by a passing semi-tractor and trailer unit. The semi-tractor and trailer and driver were later located in Ripon.

The name of the freeway service driver is not being released until family members are notified.

RESOURCE LINK with video

"TOWER DOWN CONFIRMED by WTA PRESIDENT"

3 hours ago, rreschran said:

Freeway Service Driver Struck and Killed in Racine, Wisconsin

I'm incredibly shocked at this morning’s fatality of a freeway service patrol (tow truck driver) operator who was killed in a hit and run crash, possibly by a semi, attempting to remove debris from highway lanes in, Racine, Wisconsin. It was reported that the tower allegedly went into lanes to remove an item of debris when he was struck. The news reported the tower had over-head lights on, but law enforcement was not on scene and no traffic break was mentioned. A solid lesson learned if it's meant to be had. Christine and I pray for the tow operator’s family, the highway authority and the tow company he worked for. Just another example that SDMO laws don’t work ... God I ache.    R.

https://fox6now.com/2020/05/29/traffic-alert-2-lanes-closed-for-crash-investigation-on-nb-i-94-at-7-mile-road/

from all your brothers here in Philadelphia rest easy my friend we I'll drag the chains from here! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family!🙏🙏