Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Found: 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350H sunk in Ohio backyard 40 years

Oh My ... that hurts my heart. For sure that ain't no barn find.  I remember when the Shelby first came out and I had an opportunity to eventually tow a 1965 Shelby fastback that was a Hertz Rent a Car waaaay back then. I like that the tow company was smart to load the Mustang (at 2:04 in the video) onto a set of dollies as, no doubt, everything was surely rusted in place. I hope the brothers have a BIG pot of gold in which they'll certainly need to attempt to bring this Shelby back to life.     R.

Randall C. Resch

Its great to see that there are still finds like this out there. The fact that the original family is looking to save this is fantastic. unfortunately, its going to be an ambitious, costly, and time consuming project. Still, they have the right people who removed it from its resting spot, and the right shop restoring it.

Back in the early 2000's (maybe 2002?) I sold a Hurst GT350 for a client for around $40k, which was all the money they were bringing back then. The buyer flew into NJ and drove it back to California. I always wondered if the guy still has it and says "I can't believe I bought this car so cheap"

• Like 1

JT Burkard

Jerr-Dan Sales Consultant

All American Jerr-Dan, Old Bridge, NJ

Wow ...that is going to take a huge amount of skill and  commitment to bring this car back to life....

I guess the spring hangers and frame rails will be very crispy  too ...as well as the floor pan ....it is going to be difficult finding something  to weld to...

Interesting job....

The tower was a very competent and careful guy,  taking a lot of care to preserve what is left ...

John.