Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Using wheel lift as anchor?

Just a thought as I was leaving a simple pull out. I often use my wheel lift as an anchor or spike when winching on slippery surfaces, guessing many do. Question is has anyone ever done any major damage to wheel lift with this type of use?

We have a Vulcan 896 on an International.   When we bought it, it had a new wheel lift installed.  We talked to the repair shop that did the job and found out the old one had been damaged from having it down during a large recovery.  Apparently it bent things up pretty bad.    Really, there is no need to use the wheel lift as an anchor, scotch blocks are far cheaper.  They work better too!

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

Miller does make ice spades for some of their wheel lifts.I have 2 of them never damaged wheel lift ,but then again never overloaded it either.

Kevin's American Towing Service
Ph: 631-654-8811

"but then again never overloaded it either."

Yes that is the secret!!!!

I have spades for mine too just know the limits

•  

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road