Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What would you do "Safety Discussion 47"

Assuming the bed is a NRC 20k capacity & if that chassis is spec’d correctly, it wouldn’t be so bad

NRC’s website advertises same type of tow 

That series chassis(spec’d correctly)can hanlle a 25ton wrecker

Only issue is, alot of those 20k beds are installed on derated low GVW chassis’s & with the extra bed weight they end up having a very low legal loaded weight capacity

1 hour ago, Njsss said:

Assuming the bed is a NRC 20k capacity & if that chassis is spec’d correctly, it wouldn’t be so bad

NRC’s website advertises same type of tow 

That series chassis(spec’d correctly)can hanlle a 25ton wrecker

Only issue is, alot of those 20k beds are installed on derated low GVW chassis’s & with the extra bed weight they end up having a very low legal loaded weight capacity

You beat me too it. The bed can handle that tow all day long. The chassis, however, is dependent on the person who spec'd it. If they spec'd the chassis to match the bed, it'll be fine as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I am old school, but I have never been a fan of using my wheel lift without something on the deck. I feel like it is very abusive on the bed locks and I feel like the trucks handling is hinkey. Not saying that it is wrong to do so, I suppose if the manufacturers say it is ok then so be it. just me being picky. 

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

• 2 weeks later...