Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down: 03.11.19 (TX)

TowNews

2 dead, 1 injured in early Monday crash near Amarillo

RANDALL COUNTY, TX (KFDA) - Two people are dead after a two-vehicle crash early Monday morning in Randall County.

Around 1:10 a.m., a truck moving a semi trailer was attempting to back up across FM-1541 into the Affiliated Foods warehouse loading dock one mile south of Amarillo.

A tow truck driving north on FM-1541 crashed into the trailer, causing the cab of the truck to detach.

The driver of the tow truck, Adam Taulbee of Austin, as well as his passenger, Laura Almanza of Lubbock, died at the scene.

Christopher Riddley, who was driving the truck, was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The crash is under investigation by the Texas Department of Public Safety.

I wish this could somehow stop but it’s a terrible year for Tow Truck drivers .

This is a accident not a Move over problem. Doesn’t really matter who’s at fault . Two people are dead and a third injured. Three or more families have had their lives turned up side down . This should not happen ! We all are in a hurry all the time . Think !!!

My prayers go out to all effected . There but for the grace of GOD I might have been involved . 

Bob we really had to think if this should be considered a Tower Down or a Line of Duty. We went with Tower Down as this is a Hazard that as drivers we face every day. So it could have gone either way and the loss of one life is two many. Two is far to many, our Thoughts and Prayers go out to Family, Co Workers and Friends.

Archived