News Ticker
  • Upgrades had happen to the Site last night. Yay!!!
  • I wish I could get this ticker working right!
  • -- Kat
Site Software Upgrade Done. ×
uberunloder23

"Towing fees and access notice" posted in office?

Should I be worried about a customer who is complaining that I don't have a copy of "towing fees and access notice" posted in my office? I am happy to give anyone a copy if they request one. I want to know if not having the notice posted in my office could lead to any problems for me, and if so, what those problems might be. Thank You.

I would just solve the problem and make it easy on yourself... print our your rate sheet on a sheet of paper and hang it in the office.  I know in PA we are legally required to.  I just have a simple computer print out on the wall.  Nothing fancy.

It's California, OF COURSE there's a law for it!! lol

Seriously tho, more than likely there is indeed need for posted rates in your state. I can not find anything in print that says definitely, but I am running across many "proposed bills" in recent time stating such.

I know that here in in Arizona, we are required to post rates and hours due to our DPS rotation. The small town we are based in has no requirements.

And I agree with member ESC,  just post it and never worry of it again.

Tumbleweed

Edited by Tumbleweed
typo

If it is a legal requirement, than yes, because you are probably going to receive a fine or some other sanction. This is another reason to be an active member of your state association. They generally will provide all information required to keep you legal. You do not make any money in a courtroom.

not sure how it would work for us as police towing rates are regulated by the town or state. we tow for 3 local towns and state police, all the rates are different. we keep rate sheets for each town in the office and tow trucks and pass them out upon request. 

If you are going to be in the towing business period you should review all the laws and regulations your local

and state require you comply with. Am always running into towers that don't know squat about what they are 

required to be or do to be in business . The internet opens up a whole new world or you can pay your attorney

250.00 PH to educate you. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to TowForce.net

Wanting to join the rest of our members?

Feel free to sign up today.