Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Go Jacks?

Derlyn Z

We were thinking about getting some Go Jack Dollies, to move vehicles around the shop. I was wondering if anyone on here uses them, and how they are working for them. And do you guys use them to load vehicles on the rollback, or are the wheels too small to jump up over the edge of the rollback deck? Thanks for your input guys!  

They are great for moving cars around in the shop and moving them out of tight spots for loading as long as you push the vehicle in the right places and are on smooth pavement/concrete. dont bother trying to use them to load or offload a car. I guarantee they will break, kick out and/or hit the car and cause damage. They arent built for any shock-load of any sort. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

They are best suited for a shop or a parking garage. Other than that you will find quite often they are in your way., You have to keep them out of the elements or they have issues. Are they worth having, I think so . I just do not keep them on the truck, then again I do not do REPO's or PPI's.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 12/23/2021 at 6:41 AM, Derlyn Z said:

We were thinking about getting some Go Jack Dollies, to move vehicles around the shop. I was wondering if anyone on here uses them, and how they are working for them. And do you guys use them to load vehicles on the rollback, or are the wheels too small to jump up over the edge of the rollback deck? Thanks for your input guys!  

That is their actual intent - for moving vehicles around in a shop.  Smooth, level floors are where they work best.  As others have mentioned, do not use them for loading/offloading with your rollback; they will not work for this, will be damaged, and likely damage the vehicle as they go flying off the tire.

On 12/23/2021 at 2:16 PM, TowZone said:

They are best suited for a shop or a parking garage. Other than that you will find quite often they are in your way., You have to keep them out of the elements or they have issues. Are they worth having, I think so . I just do not keep them on the truck, then again I do not do REPO's or PPI's.

For PPI they are mandatory; no better way to get a vehicle that isn't a simple back-up-and-grab out of a space.  They sit upright in brackets on the bed and get exposed to all the elements; it does wear on them a bit but all they really require is regular lubrication.  Some folks put regular chassis grease on them and I think it's a terrible idea as it just clumps up and collects crud, and you get filthy every time you touch them.  WD40 (although not actual lube) regularly, frees them up for use, and some white lithium spray grease goes a long way.

They weren't meant for this kind of use (parking lots) because imperfect surfaces are murder on the go-jaks.  The wheels are usually the first thing to go as the plastic will break and the caster frames will bend.  If you treat them carefully and plan your moves, they will last a long time.  If you just throw them on and shove, they're going to fail.

Richard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...