Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down 02.12.21 (MS)

TowNews

MHP: Tow truck operator killed after driver loses control on icy road

WARREN CO., Miss. (WLBT) - An icy road in Warren County is to blame for a deadly wreck around 9:20 p.m. Friday.

The Mississippi Highway Patrol responded to a one-vehicle crash on I-20W near Bovina.

While attempting to remove the vehicle from the roadway, another vehicle lost control on the icy roads and collided with the tow truck which killed the tow truck operator, MHP says.

Deputies say the operator, 44-year-old George Spratley, Jr. of Bovina, died as a result of his injuries.

The driver and the passenger in the Toyota Tacoma, which hit the tow truck operator were not injured. 

This crash is under investigation and more information is expected to be released.

RESOURCE LINK

Early Saturday Morning 02.13.21:

A Notification was posted by Ward's Wrecker Service.

It’s with a heavy heart that we have to say good bye to one of our finest.

George Spratley will be deeply missed. George was struck by a passing vehicle while doing a recovery last night on I-20 in Warren County. Please pray for him and his family during this rough time and Please slow down and move over for your first responders.

GeorgeSpratley.jpg.2720e8320b5f8c923a8b9e8e1d89e96e.jpg

• Like 1

My prayers for his family, his entire family, including those who worked with him in the towing industry. What a devastating loss! As always, please instruct your drivers to be careful and keep observant, though it is extremely hard to do so at times when you are trying to quickly get a vehicle off the roadways, especially in bad conditions. 

• Like 1

I have been in the towing industry for over 25 years. I am originally from the Austin, TX market, but am now in the Houston, TX market. 

My prayers for this family, company, community. I understand the desperate sorrow in your hearts, you all have lost a loved one, friend, co-worker and a hero to all those he was there to help, my you  find comfort in each other and  everyone's favorite story of the time they had with George.