Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Muddy Dinner Delivery

Took a call from a customer last night who stated he was stuck down a long driveway after attempting to make a Door-Dash delivery.

As I was taking his info over the phone, My buddy who runs the local AAA towing company called and told me the customer had originally called AAA for service and when he arrived, he found him approximately 300' from the road down a sloped, muddy camp trail.

My friend didn't want to get involved with it through AAA knowing they don't pay well enough for him to return to his shop and gear up for that type of pull, so he turned the call down.

He then told the customer to call me Knowing I carry enough equipment on board regularly to be able to reach him. I backed down in about 30' (which was as far as I dared) then After stretching my 100' synthetic line extension, the 100' off my drum and set up 2 10' recovery straps, I was able to get a hold of him. Once I got him up to me, I loaded him up on my deck not only so I wouldn't have to pull out to the road and re-rig to finish the pull, but also to put some weight on my back so I could climb out of the trail myself.

I still ended up putting my truck in 4wd to get moving. I pulled out onto the road and set him down on pavement. The whole job took about an hour. The Customer paid cash, Was super happy to be free of his muddy prison, and I have a bunch of muddy gear to clean and re-pack.

It has been just a bit too warm around here lately so the ground hasn't been able to frost over like it normally does this time of year. Everything is a sloppy mess. I just know there is a lot more work like this coming in the near future around here.

IMG_0750.JPG

• Like 3

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Sadly, No..Jobs like this certainly make me regret not adding at least a winch remote to the build sheet when I ordered her, But on the other hand, I can certainly use the exercise..Lol

I have been thinking about adding one myself, but It just seems to be a lot of money for what amounts to basically a soleniod, some weld-on linkage and a transmitter.. 

On 1/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, GRUMPS The Towman said:

Sadly, No..Jobs like this certainly make me regret not adding at least a winch remote to the build sheet when I ordered her, But on the other hand, I can certainly use the exercise..Lol

I have been thinking about adding one myself, but It just seems to be a lot of money for what amounts to basically a soleniod, some weld-on linkage and a transmitter.. 

its DEFINATLEY worth it, I added it myself to my rollbacks winch function, and love it. Worth its weight in gold in some circumstances 

6 minutes ago, Stubborn66 said:

Good work,  gotta love the muddy winter, almost as good as deep snow.

I would love to have the remote as well but I need to work on getting dual controls first  LOL

Well, Technically, installing a winch remote will give you at least a "dual control for that function..Lol.

Just be super careful with the road side controls ( I assume that is the side your controls are on ) That puts you right in the kill zone... Head on a swivel bro....