Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Agero new updated mileage starting Feb 1 2021

Sneezefat

I think that in this particular case, it is difficult for us to compare our situations, like comparing apples versus oranges.  I cover 4 towns.  Without actually calculating it on a map, I think that the farthest that I can go in any direction from my shop is around 12 miles.  And at least 80% of the calls I do are within 5 miles.  I have read messages from some of you who are in Texas, Alaska, Florida, etc. where you have occasion to drive 50 miles to a car.  If you do, I hope that you are getting adequately paid for your effort.  Agero is constantly trying to send me way out of my area, like to Berwick, ME, Eliot, ME, both of which are around 50 miles away.  Obviously, it would be ridiculous for me to go 50 miles to do a lockout.  

Here is what I got today.  I just laughed when I saw it.   We stopped taking jobs for them on PO over a year or two ago. When they call now they are credit card only and I hammer them hard.... usually $375 and up.  Sometimes they pay.   I refused to agree to their bs terms when they changed last time.   Their rates are far to low.  And this new change would have cut another $10 off a job 10 miles away.     Not a chance I’d do a job for them at the rates they pay.   Not these days.   It’s cheaper to keep my trucks parked.  And a lot less headaches. 

FEDC8479-E884-478A-A552-05318680F891.jpeg

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

14 hours ago, Stuart Wagner said:

Come on guys, the letter says the rate decrease will help all parties. Really??

Well they have to try and dress it up, make it sound like it is a good thing... 

It is like them whispering in your ear from behind just before the "Big push" If you catch my drift...

I wiped my Bee-hind with their "contract" long ago....

CC UP FRONT IN FULL....Thats my motor club policy now.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

And they are one of the few clubs that wants you to carry 150K on hook.    Unfortunately some guys will run for that.  I saw a sign last week, one of those hand made ones where you rip off the phone number at the bottom, in a local mini market advertising $60.00 towing for up to 20 miles.  Bet they don't have insurance.

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I re-read this thread, it reminds me of a call from a couple of years ago.  I got a call in Andover to tow a Ford GT.  When I arrived at the customer's garage, the first thing that I noticed was that I couldn't slide my hand between the ground effects and the pavement.  I tried different configurations of lumber.  But no matter what I tried, the spoiler was going to scrape.  The car owner told me to give it up.  He said that he would tow the car himself on his own car trailer.  Sounded good to me.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough. That night, after I got home, I Googled the Ford GT, just to learn more about it.  I had never even seen one in person before.  The article I read on Google said that the car was worth over $300,000.  A couple of weeks later, I was watching Jay Leno's Garage on CNBC.  He had a Ford GT that was the same year as the one I went to.  But it was red, rather than the blue one I went to.  He said that the Ford GT that he was looking at was worth over $350,000.  I had another call from Agero to tow a Lamborghini that was supposedly worth over $150,000.  The dispatcher spoke of using special handling for this car, like softer straps, etc.  So I asked her if there was special pricing for the tow bill.  She said no.  All I was going to get was the same fee that they would pay me to tow a Ford Focus.  PASS.  I have always had sufficient insurance coverage to tow the average car that I encounter every day.  But I never had the level of on-hook coverage to cover a Ford GT.  I am not interested in subjecting myself to that level of exposure.  So I'll never tow an expensive car like that again.  Don't be afraid to say no.  I scrutinize every car I tow.  If it doesn't look right.   If I am afraid that I will get blamed for something, I PASS.  One day I laid down on the end of the flatbed and started taking pictures of the lower spoiler, which was bent and torn.  The customer asked me why I was doing that.  I told him that I was documenting pre-existing damage.  He went ballistic, and began screaming at me that I had no right to take pictures.  I stood up, slid the body back to it's travel position, said my goodbyes, and I drove away.  PASS. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thtdon said:

Every time I re-read this thread, it reminds me of a call from a couple of years ago.  I got a call in Andover to tow a Ford GT.  When I arrived at the customer's garage, the first thing that I noticed was that I couldn't slide my hand between the ground effects and the pavement.  I tried different configurations of lumber.  But no matter what I tried, the spoiler was going to scrape.  The car owner told me to give it up.  He said that he would tow the car himself on his own car trailer.  Sounded good to me.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough. That night, after I got home, I Googled the Ford GT, just to learn more about it.  I had never even seen one in person before.  The article I read on Google said that the car was worth over $300,000.  A couple of weeks later, I was watching Jay Leno's Garage on CNBC.  He had a Ford GT that was the same year as the one I went to.  But it was red, rather than the blue one I went to.  He said that the Ford GT that he was looking at was worth over $350,000.  I had another call from Agero to tow a Lamborghini that was supposedly worth over $150,000.  The dispatcher spoke of using special handling for this car, like softer straps, etc.  So I asked her if there was special pricing for the tow bill.  She said no.  All I was going to get was the same fee that they would pay me to tow a Ford Focus.  PASS.  I have always had sufficient insurance coverage to tow the average car that I encounter every day.  But I never had the level of on-hook coverage to cover a Ford GT.  I am not interested in subjecting myself to that level of exposure.  So I'll never tow an expensive car like that again.  Don't be afraid to say no.  I scrutinize every car I tow.  If it doesn't look right.   If I am afraid that I will get blamed for something, I PASS.  One day I laid down on the end of the flatbed and started taking pictures of the lower spoiler, which was bent and torn.  The customer asked me why I was doing that.  I told him that I was documenting pre-existing damage.  He went ballistic, and began screaming at me that I had no right to take pictures.  I stood up, slid the body back to it's travel position, said my goodbyes, and I drove away.  PASS. 

TRUE WORDS OF WISDOM From a REAL PROFESSIONAL towing operator.

ANY and ALL New and rookie towers on Tow Force should take notice and read this !!!!

Thank you Thtdon

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 6:21 PM, Stuart Wagner said:

Come on guys, the letter says the rate decrease will help all parties. Really??

It’s a misprint. It’s supposed to say the rate decrease will help us party🤟🏾    I wonder if the dispatchers have to give 10 free hours before they start getting paid? I’ve actually asked them,  it’s not a well received question.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1