Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Advice on a rear tractor tow

I Agree with Mr. Wagner and Animosus. Unless they are tore up already, they should be just fine. I never had any that were in good shape have any issues and I can recall one I towed almost 500 miles at interstate speeds. If they are in fact damaged, You can secure them like Mr. Wagner stated, but I would also be sure to notate it on your invoice as well 

• Thanks 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

They can be damaged...I Know, I have seen me do it... They can get to flappin and crack around the mounting screws on the sides. I have seen them rip, completely come off....and I have seen companies blame me for damage that we didn't do. I have 4 duck bill Vise Grips that I welded a chain link on the back of. I lock these on the rubber and use 2 straps to connect them. You just need to take the flapping away. I'll see if I have a picture of the set up somewhere...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1