Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What are you using for toolbox lighting??

ESC

Our new flatbed arrived last week.  We had In the Ditch boxes installed, and they are great.   But, there is no lights installed.  I was thinking about some different options and figured I would see what you guys are using.  I am thinking of going with something battery powered, so we don't have to run wiring.  Some of my older trucks lights that use push pin switches never seem to work well anyway. 

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

I currently use a light switch looking battery light, and it sucks... just takes once to forget to shut it off.
Just do the work up front and wire some in. 

I am not opposed to that. But all of our current boxes are wired and have push pin switches. Most of them have issues. Just looking for a better way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me since I only run one truck no lights needed. I know how the boxes are sorted. If at night I have my headlamp I got at walmart that is USB rechargeable for about 20 bucks. One of the best headlamps I came across since a old PETZ lamp that ran 3 AAA's. Plus I carry a sreamlight light 1 AAA battery led light in my pocket all the time. If in a heavy wrecker may be different but in the 550 that's what I work with.

26 minutes ago, TowZone said:

Search motion closet lights, I have them and these work OK for a low cost. Doing a search I found that there are now usb rechargeable lights in different lengths.  unsure sure how any of these hold up.

Thats what I was originally considering.  A friend of mine has them in his house and they are awesome, and super cheap.  Ultimately our boxes need light, and a better setup then we have been using.  Im sure many others are in the same spot.

The ones I have may or may not be bright enough for a large box. The good news is Amazon has many more options then just a year ago. Search Motion Closet Lights, you will be overwhelmed by the number of lights and the sizes not found just a year or two ago. Just saw the usb lights and I was shocked...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 1:17 PM, ESC said:

Our new flatbed arrived last week.  We had In the Ditch boxes installed, and they are great.   But, there is no lights installed.  I was thinking about some different options and figured I would see what you guys are using.  I am thinking of going with something battery powered, so we don't have to run wiring.  Some of my older trucks lights that use push pin switches never seem to work well anyway. 

https://www.intheditch.com/FW2_ITD1728.php

Archived