Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Excavator rollover

28,000 lbs on a slope, 4 lines to the load for control, catch truck lines went to trees on far side & back to excavator for landing control, no wheel chocks or scotch blocks for catch truck as plan was to have catch truck drag backwards if needed to keep all rigging in WLL & no shock load or overload surprises, came down nice & soft. 2 hrs from initial call to back at yard with equipment put away. Excavator started & moved under its own power once rolled over. Heres a video: 

IMG_5298.jpeg

IMG_5299.jpeg

20230809_090200.jpg

IMG_5303.jpeg

20230809_090214.jpg

20230809_090200.jpg

20230809_091527.jpg

IMG_8562.jpeg

IMG_5304.jpeg

IMG_8561.jpg

Edited by Orcas Tow
  • Like 6

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

1 hour ago, dperone said:

Job well done sir. Try uploading the video to YouTube, you can make it so people can only find it with the link if you wanted. Then share the link in the post.

Thanks, I think I was able to link the video

12 hours ago, EdsTowing said:

Very nice job. Can't say I recall ever having one land like that....

Thanks Ed, I expected it to come down a bit harder than that too but we had pretty good leverage at the line at the excavator boom & having the blade dug in helped keep things controlled too. Hindsight I should have rigged the recovery chains tighter (I was thinking veer angle when leaving them long) or put a sister hook in the chain to keep them from jumping as the angles changed.