Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Testing Some New Equipment...  

We have been discussing a Light/Medium Catch Bag with Mat jack for a couple of years. Many of you may have saw it on display at the Baltimore show last fall? We finally got ours and I'm anxious to put it to use...

20230320_134809.thumb.jpg.9aced080d370032eb3ab931c1ae5c42a.jpg

I'm hoping we can give them some good feedback on the use & real world operation of it. I believe the real target market will be for EV cars that you would want to avoid just dropping on a rollover but we are going to try it for whatever we can.

20230320_142604.thumb.jpg.887a41e305808bfeb8f308187630420d.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, dperone said:

Can't wait to see it in action. How's the Milwaukee blower keep up with it?

We have one in all the trucks for blowing speedy dry off. They sent me an adaptor kit with a strap that will work with multiple brands. It inflates the bag in 10 seconds or so...then you just leave it on till you drop the car.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, KY Nick said:

Have you used it yet?  Waiting to pick mine up soon.  

Not yet...I had a buddy ask me on Saturday if we used it yet and I said I haven't had a rollover since I got it...wouldn't you know... Then Saturday night we got one but didn't have the bag with us.

I  have used catch bags on numerous occasions.....on live jobs where is is difficult or impractical to restrain the casualty vehicle...or you dont have a restraining  vehicle available....

Especially if the centre of gravity is fairly high ....it gives you good control of the descent and removes the risk of excess shock on the touchdown or possible over balance on tall or very heavy vehicles.....we were  one of the first towing companies  in the UK  to add them to our air cushion unit ....after seeing them demonstrated  at the Kassel Tow Show  in Germany.....I was impressed  !!

They were not a high usage item   but a brilliant piece of equipment when you need it ...

We have used them  at the UK   Tow Show Recovery  Demonstrations  for several  years ....without the use of a restraining vehicle..

The cost is fairly high  ....but  I believe it is a good investment 

John.

• Like 2