Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Thoughts on honk?

Eastsound roadside

We hear from them occasionally. Don't mind running their calls at commercial rate, like we do for any of the motor clubs. We tried the first call from them under the system where we call when the job is completed, then they pay with credit card. They tried to short pay that one, so now we require credit card payment up front and they do that.

Light duty towing & recovery in Whitehall MT since 1980.

On 12/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, DennisHONK said:

@FenderBender If you want to shoot me a message with some info, I'd be happy to look into any old invoices and see what happened with it. Speed and accuracy of payment is something we strive to be the best at. 

We did get paid on the one I was speaking of. I have just found that the App process is not workable for us in rural Montana. I have had good results with credit card payment at the time we accept the call.

Light duty towing & recovery in Whitehall MT since 1980.

• 3 months later...

They are not what they started out to be and I no longer see them participating on the message board. I ranked them 7, don't see them keeping number 5 next time if they cannot get it together. One of our guys that is on FB, said they were getting beat up on one of the groups. They have a good concept, but they when from app to just another motor club without regard for what takes motor clubs down. I doubt we do another Carvana for them. Too much hassle!!!

• 7 months later...

Looks like Honk is learning from the other Motor Clubs. We accepted a rush lockout from them over the phone and quoted our price. A few minutes later it was accepted. We were on scene and completed the lockout  within 12 minutes. They sent credit card information and shorted us $25.00. 

1 hour ago, DragNTow said:

Looks like Honk is learning from the other Motor Clubs. We accepted a rush lockout from them over the phone and quoted our price. A few minutes later it was accepted. We were on scene and completed the lockout  within 12 minutes. They sent credit card information and shorted us $25.00. 

We haven't heard anything from Honk in months, thankfully.  It just isn't worth the time spent dealing with them since they lost Carvana.  They would pay decent to get a Carvana vehicle moved but when it comes to their other accounts, not so much, they almost always declined our prices.  We asked to be removed from their attempt at digital dispatching through Towbook, we were getting a crazy amount of dispatch requests from them through Towbook that were hours away.

It seems they are scrambling since they lost Carvana, at least in our area.  Not surprised they are now shorting payments which was the only good thing about them when we did do some work for them, they paid promptly.

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...

We have not taken calls from HONK in months as they shorted us more than once. Then It was cc only but declined the first time every time.

We have heard that both HONK & AGERO are having serious money problems. These clubs may not be around that much longer. I was hoping to see both clubs at the tow show this week. Too short on drivers to leave right now. So, maybe Vegas next year though I heard neither clubs was at the show. Does anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...

I’m about done with Honk. Farmers insurance had honk contact us to do a payout on a wrecked truck in our yard and tow it a body shop. Honk agreed to our rate and said after we tow it out to send them the invoice for the original tow fees. Farmers had already been given the fees and agreed to the added 4% credit card fees. That was even written in The description of the payout on the honk dispatch. Now honk is refusing to pay the cc fees. And it’s been 24 hours and they haven’t paid me anything. Not even the second tow fee. I should have refused to let the truck leave my yard till it was paid. I will never again deal with honk on a tow out. They get you to do the job first and then they play games with the payment. As bad as I hate agero I think honk is worse. Agero pays the payout including the cc fees every time with out batting an eye. I am also going to contact farmers insurance and tell them not to send honk to me again. 

Suloffs.png

1 hour ago, Suloff's Towing said:

I’m about done with Honk. Farmers insurance had honk contact us to do a payout on a wrecked truck in our yard and tow it a body shop. Honk agreed to our rate and said after we tow it out to send them the invoice for the original tow fees. Farmers had already been given the fees and agreed to the added 4% credit card fees. That was even written in The description of the payout on the honk dispatch. Now honk is refusing to pay the cc fees. And it’s been 24 hours and they haven’t paid me anything. Not even the second tow fee. I should have refused to let the truck leave my yard till it was paid. I will never again deal with honk on a tow out. They get you to do the job first and then they play games with the payment. As bad as I hate agero I think honk is worse. Agero pays the payout including the cc fees every time with out batting an eye. I am also going to contact farmers insurance and tell them not to send honk to me again. 

I did see your support ticket in the queue yesterday. I know our teams have been slightly behind schedule coming off the holiday weekend. I'll look into this today and see of we can get this taken care of. Sounds like a misunderstanding on our part. 

Again, if any TowForce members run into HONK issues, my email is dmcgowan@honkforhelp.com and I'm always willing to see what I can do to help out!