Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Greased Lightning

Was called by the local Sheriffs Office for a truck rollover into a building. Arrived to find a Ford Lightning that had lost traction, fishtailed in the rain & went over a retaining wall endo-ing landing on a roof of a local jam & jelly business roof. Only damage to building was gutter & ding in metal roofing. F450/Chevron 408 up on the road with a high line for lift assist off the roof & a low lines to drag away from roof. F550/Chevron 408 behind truck with Cruse Loop through cab doors run under bed for lift & another line to a nearby tree/strap/snatchblock back to the truck drivers rear wheel for spinning truck sideways away from roof once bed was lifted off roof. Pictures were taken by passerby's so I do not have anything after the initial lift & spin. Winched up out of the hole it was in & rolled over in business parking lot, truck was not driven away;)

output 2.jpg

IMG_5673.jpeg

output 3.jpg

IMG_5676.jpeg

Photo00.jpg

IMG_7691.jpeg

image000000.jpg

image000001 2.jpg

image000000 4.jpg

image000001.jpg

image000000 2.jpg

Edited by Orcas Tow
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

You mean you didnt just drag it across the side of the building, Taking the gutter, soffit and half the roof with it, Let it slam down onto the ground Then drag it up onto a rollback / flatbed upside down, Throw a ratchet strap over the middle of it and off you go?? ( I have been watching too many of the local fly-by-night bozos lately I think...)

Seriously, Another Excellent, well thought out, Tricky recovery executed by some real pros.. 

Great work Guys !! 

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

3 minutes ago, EdsTowing said:

Wow that's a cool job.

Recovering with our helicopter would have been cooler!

2 minutes ago, GRUMPS The Towman said:

You mean you didnt just drag it across the side of the building, Taking the gutter, soffit and half the roof with it, Let it slam down onto the ground Then drag it up onto a rollback / flatbed upside down, Throw a ratchet strap over the middle of it and off you go?? ( I have been watching too many of the local fly-by-night bozos lately I think...)

Seriously, Another Excellent, well thought out, Tricky recovery executed by some real pros.. 

Great work Guys !! 

Again a great job for our new helicopter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island