Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

first bike tow of the year comes with the ride of shame

Got my first bike tow of the year yesterday.  I like that Condor loader, it really holds them secure and makes one person loading simple.

Being the wise ass that I am, I walked into the dealer and told the service manager that I had a Harley outside for him in it's natural habitat.  He and the mechanics looked and me confused until I told them I had it strapped down on a rollback.  The mechanics chuckled, not sure the service manager got it.  They said they would be out in a few minutes so I went out and started unstrapping.  I had if off when they came out, we chatted a few minutes and off I went.

Hours later, I am in a McDonalds grabbing a sandwich and reached in my pocket and guess what I found, yep, the key for the bike.  First thought I had was Karma for busting their asses.

Called the customer first, told him I would run the key up first thing in the morning.........He laughed at me too.  Called the dealer, they were closed.  This was gonna be a 45 minute trip in the morning, the shop is busy, if I ask my wife to run it up she will get A LOT of mileage out of it.

Then, I get a call that lands me 10 minutes from the dealer and YES they have a mail slot where I can put the key.........Karma only punished me a little bit

image.thumb.png.1ff6f3b06412ed8113ba80a452bac631.png

image.thumb.png.698ef946a79d79e492100ff478553560.png

• Like 2

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...

Pretty sure we have all been there a time or two.  Years back I took a car to NY and brought the keys home with me!!... I wasnt driving back.  Had to call and apologize like crazy.  Paid to overnight the keys to the dealer.  I felt bad, but it was an easy mistake.   And over the years too many have locked keys in due to alarms or whatever that I usually take the key out, or at least roll the window down. 

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

I try to leave a window down too.  Week or so ago I loaded a newer Subaru on the bed, left the window half way down.  The lady who owned it stopped me before I pulled out and told me I forgot to roll the window back up.  Nice sunny day going 14 miles.

I said "yes mam I forgot"  I got out, rolled up the window, stuck the keys in my pocket and away I went.  Just wasn't worth trying to explain

lucky your HD dealer lets you tow in that way . the one dealer near me are A$$HOLES and require all bikes towed in to be in a enclosed trailer so people dont see them showing up .

there such a-holes they have refused tows for this fact .

yep karma can bite you some times . but glad you got a saving grace tow close .

• Like 1

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .

lucky your HD dealer lets you tow in that way . the one dealer near me are A$$HOLES and require all bikes towed in to be in a enclosed trailer so people dont see them showing up .

Hmmmm. That would be fine by me. Another tow to my shop, indoor storage, then come pick it up from me in your enclosed trailer is what I would tell them. It sure would make a lot of customers unhappy with Harley.

We were lucky I guess. Had a harley dealer across the street. They got tired of dealing with picking up customer bikes in their trailer and referred all their customers to us for towing. Funny how guys have a $30,000 bike and get angry that we charge $125 hookup fee for a bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

1 hour ago, sweetk30 said:

lucky your HD dealer lets you tow in that way . the one dealer near me are A$$HOLES and require all bikes towed in to be in a enclosed trailer so people don't see them showing up .

These guys were actually pretty cool, we talked for 15 minutes or more after we got it in the shop.

Like ESC said, take it back you your shop if they play that game.  Once someone pays the extra mileage and storage that would put an end to that BS