Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

DITCHED 2020 Beemer In more than one way...

Got this call from the county Sheriffs office this evening. Dispatch stated they had a "white sedan" in the ditch on a rural road. On arrival I was informed that not only was the car IN the ditch, but the driver apparently "ditched" the scene as well. The vehicle turned out to be this 2020 Bmw M340i with only 5,500 miles on it. The car went off the road and rode the ditch about 40' before slamming into a large rock / steel pipe culvert across a womans driveway. The impact broke the left front wheel into a dozen pieces, tore the suspension out, shattered the front bumper and carbon fiber lip and sprayed parts and large stones everywhere. The recovery was rather straight forward and came right up and out with little effort. Clean up was quite involved. all parts and pieces were collected, the large stones were set back in place in the culvert and the driveway was raked smooth. During the extensive clean up, I found the drivers wallet in the culvert pipe and turned it over to the Deputy. The "missing" vehicle driver is currently being sought by the sheriffs dept and a law enforcement "hold" has been placed on the car. I even repaired the property owners Biden sign and placed it back in her yard. That was the hardest part of the whole job. 😯

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

Edited by GRUMPS The Towman
  • Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

I was told by the deputy that the driver's wallet I found matched the registered owner / insured so I am more than hopeful that the insurance will be up to snuff. They were a bit concerned that he would try to play the " I wasnt driving " game, but the location of the wallet was right below the drivers door and the eye witness was able to give a pretty good description on him and his clothing, so you know... if it looks like a duck....

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

• 2 weeks later...

Yea you should be fine on that one...it was a $55,000 car & still has high salvage value. It's junk now, which typically works out better on clean up jobs. Somehow they correlate the vehicle damage to the recovery invoice? That's a great candidate for a clean up job. 

Oh and I'm sorry...but I would of trashed that sign....LoL

Edited by EdsTowing
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...