Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Agero Advocate Support

JoeD

Has anyone had any luck getting around Agero's Advocate support group and talk directly to a territory manager? For 10 yrs. we have been the primary for the west suburbs of Chicago.,,,,with the exact same pay rate. At the beginning of Feb., our call volume dropped to next to nothing. In going back and forth with people in the “Advocate Support”, we have found out we were dropped to #2 Primary at the beginning of February because a new company came into our area with a lower rate. They designate #1 & #2 primary providers, and the rest of the calls are through their algorithm. The only calls we get now are the ones the current #1 won’t take or the calls they have pissed off the customers by taking hours to get there, by saying their truck broke down, or there was a problem with the driver, etc. They appear to be sending guys from Chicago, which is 30+ miles from our area. We are a small business and Agero is the bulk of our business so to lose their call volume has hurt us drastically. We have offered to lower our rates, but they won’t let us. They keep telling us to wait and see what happens. Now when we submit support tickets, they are closed by saying they are reaching out to us. No one has reached out to us, and we just keep opening new tickets which get closed again with no resolution. We have requested to speak to the territory manager directly to discuss rates, but they won’t pass us through. This is our call volume from last Feb. compared to this Feb.

image.png.269e248cedfbf6e2ee1a44215d8fa7c7.png

2 hours ago, JoeD said:

Has anyone had any luck getting around Agero's Advocate support group and talk directly to a territory manager? For 10 yrs. we have been the primary for the west suburbs of Chicago.,,,,with the exact same pay rate. At the beginning of Feb., our call volume dropped to next to nothing. In going back and forth with people in the “Advocate Support”, we have found out we were dropped to #2 Primary at the beginning of February because a new company came into our area with a lower rate. They designate #1 & #2 primary providers, and the rest of the calls are through their algorithm. The only calls we get now are the ones the current #1 won’t take or the calls they have pissed off the customers by taking hours to get there, by saying their truck broke down, or there was a problem with the driver, etc. They appear to be sending guys from Chicago, which is 30+ miles from our area. We are a small business and Agero is the bulk of our business so to lose their call volume has hurt us drastically. We have offered to lower our rates, but they won’t let us. They keep telling us to wait and see what happens. Now when we submit support tickets, they are closed by saying they are reaching out to us. No one has reached out to us, and we just keep opening new tickets which get closed again with no resolution. We have requested to speak to the territory manager directly to discuss rates, but they won’t pass us through. This is our call volume from last Feb. compared to this Feb.

All Agero cares about is lower rates!  Don't fall for anything else they tell you.  I have been there.  Years ago we did AAA and Agero.    The best thing we ever did was let them go!

We used to have over 300+ calls a month from agero with 98% acceptance and 100% customer surveys, etc.   New guy came in cheaper and they bumped us to the back burner and we got stuck with all the cleanup calls.  Couldnt make any money with that sort of work with their rates.   You need to get out there and look for more business.  Do not base your business on Agero volume... it wont work.

• Like 1

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

On 3/5/2020 at 11:35 AM, JoeD said:

ESC is spot on with this. there is ZERO Loyalty with Agero or ANY motor club for that matter. You could be an excellent service provider for many, many years and the moment another provider comes along that will provide service even just slightly cheaper, they will kick you to the curb so fast you wouldnt even know what day it is. I am going through it myself with Agero right now. A new company sprouted up here recently who jumped on the Agero bandwagon and slit my throat on the rates. luckily I learned my lesson many years ago with AAA and just like ESC and Mr. Wagner stated I dont have my business hinged on motor club volume/income. It is just a supplement for my business so it isnt hurting me financially. So for the sake of your business JoeD, use your time to get out there and pound the pavement for private account work ( repair shops, fleets etc..) instead of calling those clowns at Agero. I wish you luck Sir. I know it can be frustrating to deal with but believe me if you work past and through the Agero issue your business can certainly flourish. My business is proof that it can be done.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Thanks for all the advice guys. Agero kept me so busy in the last 10 years, I didn't even have time to look for private account work. I do have other motor club contracts as well, but they were just supplemental as you've all said.

• 5 months later...

We are wayyyy out in the desert and their is no town close by. We were very dependent upon the freeway & motor clubs for our income. Everything was going along great for several years and then a new guy comes in and deeply undercuts the three of us that have been here for 30+ years. Bammmm all towing stoped ! He stated here on this very forum "loook out thers a new dog in town" and was chastised by the other members. He is now the President of our state towing association. What does a guy that needs money to do ??