Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow-truck driver struck, seriously injured on I-295 in Mount Laurel (NJ)

TowNews

MOUNT LAUREL - A tow-truck driver was struck Friday morning as he was loading a disabled vehicle onto his flatbed along the shoulder of Interstate 295, police said. 

The accident, reported at 8:21 a.m., occurred when a Ford E-350 box truck traveling in the right lane of northbound I-295 entered the shoulder, striking the driver and tow truck, said Trooper Alejandro Goez of the New Jersey State Police. 

The victim suffered "serious injuries and was taken by ambulance" to Cooper University Hospital in Camden, Goez said. 

The right lane of northbound I-295 in the area of the crash was closed during and after the morning rush hour as police investigated the accident. 

The Ford truck driver stayed at the scene of the accident, said Goez, who noted the investigation is ongoing. 

RESOURCE LINK

I hope the tow operator makes a full recovery. Once again he “ entered the shoulder striking the driver”. Why? Not only did he refuse to move over, but appears to have aimed his vehicle at the tow truck and operator. To me that makes it attempted murder, not negligence. If prosecuted as such , others might decide to follow the law. 

• 1 year later...