Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down - 02.15.24 (WV) "Updated 02.25.24"

From Todd Leiss:

427805680_10161365922298428_246773663700690572_n.jpg427795501_10231476211429098_7972202396906695141_n - Copy.jpg

United States Emergency Responder Struck-By Death #9 of 2024 is tow truck operator Kyle Stephens, Stephen's Towing who was struck and critically injured while operating along Interstate 81 in Berkeley County, West Virginia on February 15th and succumbed to those injuries this morning at 8:55am

428628462_7145224248909442_8078902039220367408_n - Copy.jpg

Kyle's Mom writes:

My heart is so broken. And it hurts to have to tell everyone who loves this young man. That Kyle has lost his fight. As of Fri Feb 16th, 2024, at 8:55 am, God has gained an amazing angel. I love you, my sweet son. R.i.p baby boy

427800168_929506085501715_4851201020682561588_n - Copy.jpg427790744_24643834898593627_8748625792404515300_n - Copy.jpg

Kyle Stephens Death: A Tragic Loss on I-81 in West Virginia

The community of West Virginia is grappling with the devastating loss of a local tow truck driver, Kyle Stephens, who tragically lost his life following a road accident. The shock and grief caused by this tragic event have deeply affected Kyle’s family and the larger community, leaving them in a state of profound sorrow.

Who was Kyle Stephens?

Kyle Stephens was a well-known figure in West Virginia, particularly recognized for his role as a manager at Stephens Towing. A resident of Falling Waters and a graduate of Hedgesville High School, Kyle was known for his dedication to his work and his strong ties to the local community. At just 28 years old, his untimely passing has left a significant void in the hearts of those who knew him.

What Happened to Kyle Stephens?

On the night of Wednesday, February 14, 2024, Kyle was involved in a severe collision while working. He was struck by a vehicle on I-81, according to the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office. Despite the best efforts of medical professionals and the prayers of his loved ones, Kyle succumbed to his injuries on the morning of February 16, 2024.

How Did Kyle Stephens Die?

Kyle Stephens tragically lost his life due to the injuries he sustained in the accident on I-81. His cousin, Tracey Lynn Funk, had requested prayers for him on Facebook, expressing a heartfelt plea to God and Bran, Kyle’s father, to “heal Kyle and send him back to his family.” Unfortunately, despite a brave fight, Kyle passed away.

What was the Cause of Kyle Stephens Death?

Kyle Stephens’ cause of death was the severe injuries he sustained from being hit by a car while on duty as a tow truck driver. The circumstances surrounding the accident are still under investigation by the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office.

Kyle Stephens Obituary

The passing of Kyle Stephens is a tragic loss for West Virginia’s community. Known for his dedication to his work and his strong ties to the community, Kyle’s untimely death at the young age of 28 has deeply affected those who knew him. As the community mourns his passing, they also honor his memory by standing in solidarity with his family during this challenging time. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they navigate this difficult journey.

RESOURCE LINK

Jessie Stephens added:

I miss you so much already buddy…. Not only my brother, my boss, but my absolute best friend. Kyle Stephens being your baby brother has been one of my biggest life blessings and I will forever cherish the time we had together…. I know you and Mark Stephens are up there, and I guarantee you’re already showing him the ropes on tow trucks and everything you’ve learned. I love and miss you both so fucking much. God speed we got it from here buddy

Obituary:

Kyle Aaron Stephens, 28, of Falling Waters, passed away Friday, February 16, 2024, at the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center.

Born June 1, 1995, in Winchester, he is the son of Mark Stephens and Lori Shear Stephens.

Kyle owned Stephens Towing and Recovery. Kyle had a love and passion for life, if there was an adventure to be had, he was sure to be there along with his beloved dog, and best friend, Harley Boy .

In addition to his parents, he is survived by his brothers, Jeremy Stephens (Justina), and Jesse Stephens (Paige); a special chosen sister, Michelle “Moe” Rollins (Jeff); his Auntie Kim Burns; and his mentor, Joseph Weiger; nieces and nephews, Maddie Rose, Blake, Jayden, Parker, Graisen, Mads, Daniel, Benny, and Sam; beloved friends and dedicated work family, Ms. Vickie, Phillip, Matt, Will, Troy, Daulton, Kyle “Ripka”; and numerous family and friends.

He was preceded in death by a brother, Mark Brandon Stephens, grandparents, Walter Lee, and Virginia Stephens.

Family will receive friends Friday, February 23, 2024, from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Brown Funeral Home South Berkeley Chapel in Inwood.

Funeral service will be held Saturday, February 24, 2024, at 11:00 a.m. at Shenandoah Bible Baptist Church with Pastor John Woullard officiating.

Interment will be in Pleasant View Memory Gardens.

Arrangements by Brown funeral Home.

https://www.brownfuneralhomeswv.com/memorials/kyle-stephens/5380924/index.php

• TowForce featured and pinned this topic
  • TowForce changed the title to Tower Down - 02.15.24 (WV) "Updated 02.18.24"
  • TowForce changed the title to Tower Down - 02.15.24 (WV) "Updated 02.25.24"
  • TowForce unpinned this topic
  • TowForce unfeatured this topic