Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

New MV vs M2 chassis

We are getting ready to order 2 new trucks. 1 a carrier and 1 a century 2465. Having a tough time deciding the between the older m2 and the newer mv. Drivetrain is the same from what I can tell. Leaning MV since its a newer truck and I like the interior better. Both are derated and less power then the ram 5500s they are replacing however they have 4.88 gears and probably a better transsmision than the aisin in the rams. My rams all have the 4.44 rears. I am hoping the m2 and mv won't be completely gutless like vs our rams. Any of you all made the switch or ran both the m2 and mv? I am looking for more imput. I am not brand loyal by any means. Thanks

Looking forward to the larger chassis for the 2465 more than anything. Trying to decide how to set up the larger tunnel box.

I do not think that one is any better then the other. We IH. 4300s and an Freightliner M2. All the drive trains are identical. I have both dealers close to me. Myself I get better service from the IH dealer and they also give me better discounts on parts. But every dealer is different. I would choose the one that I think would give me better service.

• Like 1

• TowForce unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...

Tough if anything breaks here getting them fixed regardless of brand. It’s like living on the dark side of the moon. It’s even harder trying to order something. 

I found a 2024 international Navistar MV 607 with a 22 foot dual tech roll back price was decent a lot less than something I would have special ordered. I head to Georgia next week to pick it up. It will ad a new Dimension to my life like I needed more. It must work out right financially because the wife was more excited about it than me which means the money it represents must be ok. I think anything that keeps me working makes her happy. I should retire sell some of my land and live the dream. Which would probably last about two months and I would go stir crazy. I don’t do nothing very well. 

Heres a picture 

IMG_1485.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We are sure trying. Still learning what forks to get. Ordered the medium set from Irish Iron and have the standard miller set along with the spring shackles, the miller square riser receiver,  u bolt cups and a 4.5 low set that miller use for carrier feet lynch called them carrier forks. I was debating buying the chain forks but thought that the miller riser forks would do the same thing. This is relatively new to me. I was spoiled and ran heavies that had everything you could get previously to me.

20231122_133408.jpg

IMG_20231106_184657_075.jpg

• Like 1