Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What's going on with QuestX

DragNTow

Not sure what you mean by stopped

Our experience is that there accounts payable department is terrible, on purpose or not?????  We had shut them down and would not take any more calls from them until they paid up on three that they owed us.  Had to get our rep involved.  We now get paid weekly, not monthly.  We do very little with them, but if we did more, my wife would be on them all the time I suspect

• Sad 1

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...

That is what they told my wife in the beginning, that is when we shut them down.  Once they could not get us to go out, the rep called and got involved. 

The accounts payable people are the worst we deal with, I would stay on them with daily emails, that is what my wife did. 

• Sad 1

Can't help you as they have been CC Only for quite sometime now. Maybe get one or two calls a month down from one or two calls a day 4 or 5 years ago. I was amazed to see they were number 6 in the 2020 Rankings. I did not rank them, curious who did....

Hope they get it together and payout what they owe.

They owe us $10,000 as of this writing and $7,300 from THIS MONTH. First two weeks of the month we only received partial payment, 3rd week was paid in full and this week it shows an EFT but not deposit was made. Found 36 missing invoices from the past 2 months that I did not get paid for and do not show in the system which is included in the $10,000.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, jwil736 said:

They owe us $10,000 as of this writing and $7,300 from THIS MONTH. First two weeks of the month we only received partial payment, 3rd week was paid in full and this week it shows an EFT but not deposit was made. Found 36 missing invoices from the past 2 months that I did not get paid for and do not show in the system which is included in the $10,000.

Ouch, that is hard to take.  Get your area rep involved ASAP.  We did not let them get that far into us, when we reached out to the rep AND started telling the dispatchers that we would no longer take calls because they owed us too much money, they made good on our outstanding invoices quickly.  We told dispatchers they needed to pay with CC up front when they were behind on the payments.

They may also ask you to prove that you ran some of those 36 calls, they did that to us as well.  They said that their records showed another vendor had run some of the calls we were missing.   I explained that we do not take pictures of every call unless there is damage and told them to ask the provider who was supposed to have completed the calls to show proof that they ran them.  We ended up getting paid for all outstanding invoices and were put on a weekly payment schedule instead of the 30 days.

Good luck

We're currently owed just under a grand and waiting to here they are going under. I know another company that is just under 10 times that amount. When I asked how they got that deep, he said they had high volume with them and the office staff wasn't advising of the payment issues. We have corrected that communications problem now and looking for a software that will better alert everyone when the account is in default.

I hope you guys collect vehicle and vehicle owner info for your quest calls. A standard practice is if a company owes or is behind they pay all outstanding invoices plus the current call for service up front before any more calls are run. From there forward they have lost the privilege of being billed. An easy explanation is that the accountant made this decision and you don’t have the authority to over ride it.  When you let a company ‘get to deep’ you will stand amongst the others that allowed the same when the company files for bankruptcy.

Miranda Bennett <miranda.bennett@questsoftware.com>  This lady is the accounts payable manager according to my rep.

Michelle Medina <michelle.medina@questsoftware.com>  This lady is the assistant.

Are they the contacts you were given?  They did eventually get us caught.

I would send them both the emails and copy in your rep, request a delivery receipt and a read receipt for the emails, Save copies.  It will help if you have to pursue further action.  I would resend them every 24 hours until you get a response.

At this point it may be more appropriate to mail a letter of demand sent signature receipt. These companies blow us off like we do not share information or have any resources. Excuses like “sorry Sarah is the only one authorized to pay those kind of invoices and she only pays them on the 3rd Thursday of the month” or “it hasn’t been approved for payment yet, if your willing to negotiate a lower amount I can get it paid quicker” are all complete bologna.  Not paying is part of their business plan. 
Put their feet to the fire and you will get paid.

How many here continue running calls for motor clubs that are past due?

How many have a copy of your contract?

How many have a plan in place to collect before the motor club is past due?

Miranda Bennett <miranda.bennett@questsoftware.com>  This lady is the accounts payable manager according to my rep.

Michelle Medina <michelle.medina@questsoftware.com>  This lady is the assistant.

Are they the contacts you were given?  They did eventually get us caught.

Yes, they are both the ones I have been sending requests to.

3 hours ago, DragNTow said:

I have e mails from both of these ladies. Promise to pay by April 11th. Small claim court actions will be filled against vehicle owners in 13th.

Have you tried filing a BBB case? I see everyone that has has been taken care of. 

4 hours ago, SURRYTOWER said:

The BBB site indicates "BBB does not handle business to business complaints for collection purposes. We suggest you try small claims court or contact an attorney."

Yeah I know, we decided to say no to that question and submitted anyway. We noticed other owner operators were able to get resolution so figured we would try. 

We had this same issues with Nation Safe, but I told there office ladies, "I'm charging $20 per day every day, 7 says a week until these invoices get paid! The operations manager called and paid them, and he told me I scared all of the office ladies, and they just didn't know how to handle me for an answer... LOL my bill we're paid pretty quickly! Hopefully that helps you guys. Please stay safe and visit my Slow Down & Move Over for All emergency vehicles on Facebook.

• Like 1

So April 11th and 12th have come and gone with NO payment either check or direct deposit. If you are still working for them you might consider payment by credit card up front. Remember when ERS went bankrupt? A lot of towers got left without payment. A phone call to Quest today confirmed that all invoices were filled in a timely manner. Invoices date back to June of last year.

Thanks for posting the update. The sharing of this kind of information is good. Hopefully people question their business practices with these companies and re think how far behind they allow clubs / insurance companies / 3rd party payers / or any billed customer  to get on their invoices.

3 hours ago, DragNTow said:

So April 11th and 12th have come and gone with NO payment either check or direct deposit. If you are still working for them you might consider payment by credit card up front. Remember when ERS went bankrupt? A lot of towers got left without payment. A phone call to Quest today confirmed that all invoices were filled in a timely manner. Invoices date back to June of last year.

We are current and up to date here.  

If you are contracted with them, take a look at your contract and make sure you can file in small claims court in your town.  Some of those contract spell out specifically where any disputes need to be filed.

Good luck to you

• 4 weeks later...