Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Late addition to the winter storage runs

Took this freshly resurrected 73 Mustang convertible to the "hibernation station" as we all call it the other day. As you can see from the ground and the road spray on my truck, The owner should have called me last week But being the first year that the car has been done, She was having a hard time putting it up for winter. It is powered with a "Massaged" 351 Cleveland and is an original 4 speed car too. I have moved this car multiple times through its rehab including picking up the basket case from the barn where it was found a few years back. My wife's uncle is the person who performed the ground up rebuild including building the engine and the paint work for the woman who owns it. 

I was never a huge fan of these big boat mustangs really but this one is a pretty good looking yet, mean and nasty specimen

IMG_1551.jpg

• Like 5

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Nice ride! That was the "Last of the Mohicans"... My favorite is the 70 Boss 429 cars but they're out of my league right now. 

I'm supposed to be going to look at a "Holy Grail" car tomorrow with a friend. It's got a cool back story and I have known about the car since I was 10 years old. We will see what happens.... 😉

Nice car

I had a 68 with a worked 289 back in the day.  Jacked up in the back with wide back tires, at about 100mph if felt like it wanted to take off airborne there was so much air going under the car LOL.  Back then, we were taking cars that didnt really handle all that well and jacking them up and making them handle even worse!!

• Haha 2

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...

I liked the 350 in a Vega, that would scream. But, best was an inline 6 in a 67 Mustang that would make 289's cry. The Inline 6 was a 260 with a modifications. Those were the days, I guess I liked sleepers. the station wagons back in the day would really hold the road. Thing about those 70's Mustangs is they weren't very popular so they didn't resell like they fell to Chevy's. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stubborn66 said:

Nice car

I had a 68 with a worked 289 back in the day.  Jacked up in the back with wide back tires, at about 100mph if felt like it wanted to take off airborne there was so much air going under the car LOL.  Back then, we were taking cars that didnt really handle all that well and jacking them up and making them handle even worse!!

The 68 was and always will be my all-time favorite Mustang. Had a couple back in the day myself. Like most other cars that I had growing up, I really wish I knew then what they were worth today.

And I too look back at a lot of the things I did to and with the cars and trucks I modded and drove and wonder how in the hell it is that I am still alive or at least not horribly disfigured or paralyzed.

Cars we call Death traps today were "Good runners" back then. LMAO..

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE