Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Led Lightbar

Looking for everyone's thoughts and opinions on the most reliable and brightest led lightbar for my carrier. Pylon is mounted to the deck so I need to have a standard wiring cable can't have a serial cable. Looking for something that has the cruise light option and fully loaded with led heads. Seems like a lot of manufacturer's are going away from the cruise light option.

You really can't lose with anything from Whelen. I've tried many different brands over the years, and Whelen stuff seems to be the most reliable.

There are other brands that can be brighter or cheaper, but they don't last. We use Whelen Justices on a bunch of our trucks, and they are very good bars for the price. We also have some Liberty IIs, which are more expensive, but a lot brighter.

I do not own one, but a friend in the business bought a Towmate PLC59U LED LIGHT BAR. He LOVES this light bar. Super easy install . Light bar itself only needs a 12 v and ground, so no bundle of wires to run. Bright, reliable. If I was in the market for a replacement, I think this or similar would certainly be at the top of my list.

We have the Federal Signal, Legend, light bars on most of our trucks, and those have always worked well for us. They have bright strobes with a number of different strobe patterns , and the work lights on those are fairly bright as well. I'm not sure if you can get these with cruise lights or not, as ours do not have them.

I've had the Federal Signal Legend and it was definitely a good bar. I was told that it does not come with the cruise light option unless I get the serial cable option instead of the regular wire harness. I can't use the serial cable because my light pylon is mounted on the deck not stationary on the frame.

All our new trucks are coming with ECCO 21 series bars (formerly code 3). They have built in traffic advisors, cruise mode, front/corner cut outs, alley lights, take downs, work light, STT, dimmable. All the main features and use a 2 wire power and 16 wire low current control cable. 

LTWBBgK.png.3c1bc13c6e723ef939e6d78eb910f400.png

My truck came with a Jerr Dan Light bar on it which has the cruise light option on it. The Jerr Dan part # is 1001199476. ( 60" Bar ) I am not sure if Jerr Dan is actually manufacturing these light bars or just relabeling another brand. But, in any event, It has been a good bar. No issues, real good Patterns and visability. the work lights are nice and bright as well. So bright in fact that I dont turn them on at night when I have the warning lights on because they drown out the warning lights in my opinion. I added a set of work lights down by the winch for that purpose.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE