Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Introducing myself

Hi my name is Ed I own and operate the Alfred Auto Center in western NY state.

I opened the shop in 2010 and I have a good reputation in my area. Mostly we do general repairs and sell quite a few cars as well. I started fixing cars in the back yard in the 80's, now I still lay on my back out in the road so you see some things never change.

I started out towing with a Holmes 440 sling on a Ford that was overloaded empty then graduated old school 454 chevy and a 17' bed, also over gvwr empty. A couple years on state police rotation before I moved to NY, got away from towing and focused on the shop side of things.

I got back into it this year mainly out of necessity. The auctions stopped hauling cars reasonable and it started to get very difficult to find haulers I could trust to shuttle vehicles from the auctions. So, I got myself a truck and figured I might as well put it to use for more than hauling my used cars to help it pay for itself.

Mostly, I'm doing calls from my customers because I haven't established myself with any motor clubs and I'm not entirely sure I have the time to work for them anyway. I'm learning a lot on this forum, there's a ton of knowledge on here. So, that's me be safe and careful. 

Welcome Ed, 

Your right, there is a lot of knowledge on these pages and everyone is helpful.  I am in North eastern Pa.  I cant wait to get up north on Tug Hill on the snowmobiles!!  I am one of those nuts that loves the snow, even when I have to drive in it LOL

Tracy

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...

I dont mind the snow either. As long as I have the right gear and have prepared to deal with it, then I am not bothered by it. I was an avid snowmobiler myself years back, but I just havent had the time the past couple seasons to get out there and really enjoy myself. Tug Hill was always one of my favorite stops on the sled.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE