Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Unexpectedly Exploded~ For Real

24 minutes ago, EdsTowing said:

Those can be nice jobs...there's another grand laying on the ground there.... 😉

That is true.. there is still a good amount of clean up that could be charged for. 

If Eds was there he would call in his asphalt paving crew and lot striping crew afterwards....😁

Just joking Ed. I do really admire that you have the equipment and abilities to perform all the extra scene work you and your crew perform.👍

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Wonder if Miller makes a Asphalt Paver attachment for my self loader?.....LoL

I'm sorry...I know I "go on" about the clean up aspect on jobs but it's not because I like to "brag" or something. I just found it to be a great profit center for our business while complying to the laws of our state. I didn't always have the equipment, I used to rent or make agreements with contractors to get the job done all the time. I didn't make as much of a margin but it gets the ball rolling. The more you do yourself, the bigger piece of the pie you get to keep. I often would hear guys complain that their town regulates the "Towing" rates but I don't recall any regulating what you can charge for a skid steer or other specialty equipment. Some of these regulations are terrible and honestly I wouldn't be interested in the necessary commitment if I had to accept that without any "gravy". But anyway...the irony of it all is that it's typically other towers that complain about the theory more then actual insurance companies....And you know who NEVER complains?...The property owners that were damaged by the incident!  

Lol Ed, like i mentioned, I certainly do admire your abilities to go that extra mile AND get paid well for your efforts. I do perform clean ups and I guess we can say, " landscape repairs" to the best of my ability although we do have regulations on what we can charge around here. Basically, we have to get authorization from the L.E. agency in charge of the scene for ANYTHING other than a broom and shovel. I have at times gone back to scenes afterwards with my oldest son ( I am way to old to be raking and shoveling. LOL ) to straighten out a persons yard, lawn, mailbox etc on my own accord just because i feel it is the right thing to do. I like to think I sometimes leave the scene looking better than it did before the accident. even if it doesnt put money in my pocket at that moment, I may earn a customer or two by going that extra mile. 

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

14 minutes ago, GRUMPS The Towman said:

I may earn a customer or two by going that extra mile. 

Funny you said that...I have had property owners - the people that own the land where the crash has happened - request that they call us for the job. They live in an area that has a lot of accidents and we took the time to concern ourselves with their land. I have fixed 1 guy's lawn a couple of times...LoL And in all actually, rightfully so right? I mean that's why people have liability insurance, to protect the interests of others that they do property damage to. 

• Like 2