Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Flatdeck Tie Downs

Secure it from the frame at a point forward of the rear axle ( assuming you have properly loaded it forward facing )  using cluster chains at the t- slots or another solid point in the frame. I do not mean to offend you in any way, but If you are asking a question like this I assume you are new to this industry and I HIGHLY recommend you get some type of formal training. For example, There are Wreckmaster courses on video and dvd that can be purchased from AW-Direct that will cover a lot of the basics for you. Stay safe and remember, Knowledge is power and professional.  

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

I almost always use the four point over the wheel straps. If a truck is long sometimes have move back end of straps into a different slot on the bed and the front to a side hole on the rail. That is what is great about them they are easy to move and adjust for any size vehicle. On dually trucks I will some times add a chain and binder to the rear axle if they are heavier. I still strap all fours, just add the chains on rear and sometimes front for extra.

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

Mr. Tirko ... your's was a reasonable question and it deserves a simple response. Note: While many of the respondents here are experienced or have some kind of training, I encourage you, and those who are new to the industry, to keep those questions coming.  The pic you provided does  not depict a flatbed car carrier and has no winch. The methods of loading and the equipment used to secure the load can be similar; keeping in-mind that a smaller load that's secured over the axle is helpful to safe braking. But, also note that the bumpiest ride is over the axle. If you're securing a truck on flatbed, I prefer an eight-point ratchet strap combination. After 50-plus years in the towing and recovery industry, I'm still learning or see different ways of working to get the job done with safety and professionalism. I tend to remember that I was a newbie once (although a long-time ago) and made my fair share of mistakes. Grumps give good advice about formal industry training if you're specifically working in the towing and transport industry. Remember, there's a learning curve that takes time to get it right ... not sloppy ... not careless ... and not some half-assed technique that just get's by.       R.

• Like 1

Randall C. Resch

I actually just noticed after reading Mr. Resch's post that the truck pictured is not a roll back. By no means did I mean to come across like "newbies" shouldnt ask questions. ASK away, thats how we all learn. I also just assume that anyone posting on these forums are in our industry be it a newbie or experienced just because of the nature of the forums. I have to remind myself that may not always be the case. 

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE