Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Loose Wheel

We received a call from our local PD for a single vehicle accident. A young lady on her way home from college was coming around a bend of our lake, about a hundred yards from our shop, when her tire decided it was done with the trip and took off. Her car veered to the right, away from the lake but right into the guardrail.  The red spot is where her ride endedScreenshot_20191230-135802_Maps.thumb.jpg.54e1aa9737497dc6042222a65e441de5.jpg

20191210_230041.thumb.jpg.5fcb1ea77975461702436bd2f3bf16e9.jpg20191210_230032.thumb.jpg.25ef19a68cc1e10e47a78d7ded25e504.jpg

I winched the car back off the rail then turned around and pulled the front back towards the road so I could load it on my wheel lift. No action shots because I was blocking a lane. After cleaning everything up, myself and the 2 cops still on scene walked around for about 10 minutes but never found where the wheel went. I did find a lug nut in the middle of the road though.

• Like 1

Nice work. gotta love those mystery wheel jobs. Had one last year during a snow storm, head on accident near a wooded area. Wheel, spindle, brake assembly, a hunk of axle and a strut just disappeared. We searched for 30 minutes and found nothing. Figured It got buried in the snow bank off the road and it would turn up after the thaw. We assume some scrapper finally came across it before we found it. There is still talk of the missing wheel assembly to this day with all the locals..lol

Edited by GRUMPS The Towman
spelling

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

• 2 weeks later...