Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Agero Automated Phone System

annettemcd

I am not fond of this automated phone system Agero is using. Only when I pressed the button for more information did I hear that the motorist is only cover for 29 miles of a 98-mile tow.

AgeroJobAssist has that information, but the email dispatch and AgeroRoadsideAssist do not. I mapped the job and it is 106 miles. (There is only one road up here, so the distance error is strictly due to Agero's mapping problems.)

When I heard about the coverage limit, I was getting ready to call the customer since she might well cancel with over $500 being due to us. She ended up calling me first. I asked about coverage. She said that she thought that she was fully covered, but the person on the phone told her that she was only covered for 29 miles.

I asked about her insurance company --State Farm. I asked who her agent was --a local agent who happily pays us directly and in full.

Luckily the customer was rational and not interested in paying over $500 in over mileage charges. She has now canceled with Agero and we will bill the agent directly. It is easier than spending 20-30 minutes trying to convince Agero (again) of their flawed mapping.

• 1 month later...

This incarnation of the automated dispatch isn't too bad.  But it has it's issues.  If you are talking to a customer on the phone, and your caller ID says that the Agero Automated is calling, and if you click over to it, you can't click back.  You can't put Automated on hold.  You will lose the Automated call.  On the other hand, if you leave your customer hanging on hold too long, you will lose that call.  Seems like you're doomed, one way or the other.  The best thing to do is ignore the Automated when you are on the other line with another customer.  In about 3 or 4 minutes, a live dispatcher will call you with the same call that you ignored earlier. 

The Automated voice does not identify as Agero.  The voice just goes right into the call.  And as someone else said, you have to click for more information to get the whole story.

This morning, I got an automated call with a woman's voice.  And that call originated from Honolulu, HI.  Whereas, the calls with the man's voice originate from Chelsea, MA.   I had no idea that Agero had a call center in Hawaii. 

Then we have the automated system with a woman's voice that cancels calls.   However, that automated system does not give you a GOA.  And you don't talk to it.  You still have to chase them down for that. 

Another issue that I have had is when I answer my Smartphone on the road while I'm driving,  I really should pull over right away.  But I usually don't.  Sometimes after the voice asks for the ETA, when I go to press the numbers, and I simultaneously hit a pothole, my finger slides across the keyboard of the phone.  The result was an ETA of 25,678 minutes!  Needless to say, I didn't end up with that call.  That was last week.  I think that it has happened to me 3 times.

And finally, as long as I have your attention, it is time for Agero to stop making recommendations to out of town customers, as to where they can take their car for repairs.  Their list was compiled during the Clinton Administration. And it hasn't been updated since.  And they swear that their data is state-of-the-art, despite the fact that I can prove otherwise.  Most of the time, the shop that Agero has selected for the customer has moved, or is out of business.  Agero should leave it up to us to refer an out of town customer to the proper repair shop.  We know where the good shops are.  And who to avoid. But Agero is so afraid that a repair shop might slip the tow truck driver a twenty dollar bill for the referral.  There's nothing wrong with that practice.  But I have always avoided it.  I don't want to end up beholding to any shop. 

My favorite call like that was a call on I-93 in Andover, a few years back.  I was told to take it to a shop in Wilmington.  I knew that the shop wasn't there anymore, and I told Agero that.  But they wouldn't listen, and demanded that I take the car where I was told to take it.  So I did.  I parked the car in front of the overhead door. And I took the key and put it through the mail slot.  The "For Rent" sign was clearly showing in the window. But I did what I was told, like the good little indentured servant that I am.  The next day, Agero called, claiming that I had towed the car to the wrong shop.  I had the printed sheet clearly stating the exact destination.  Agero demanded that I go back and tow the car to another shop.  I refused.  First of all, someone is going to have to contact the building owner to come and open the door to retrieve the key.  And besides, the car isn't in my area anymore.  And Agero wanted the car to be towed the second time FREE.  That's didn't happen.  Not my problem.  I told them that the destination provided was wrong.  But they wouldn't listen. 

• 1 month later...

I finally figured out why I accidentally give huge ETAs.  So I am holding the phone in my hand.  I always have the phone on speaker, so I can hear it better.  The voice asks me for an ETA.  We'll say that I punched in 60 minutes.  I need to wait for the voice to acknowledge my ETA, before I put the phone up to my ear.  If I put the phone up to my ear too soon, my ear comes in contact with other numbers on the screen, and I end up with an ETA of 60789 minutes.  And there is no way of editing what you punched in.  So the remedy is to hold the phone in your hand on speaker, until you get the PO number.  Then hang up.

Here's a little story, slightly off-topic.  I just got a call from EVERSOURCE, which is a gas and electric company.  The voice told me that my electricity will be turned off in 30 minutes, unless I "pay up".  The only problem is, we don't have EVERSOURCE in my area.  (They have EVERSOURCE in the Boston area, and in New Hampshire.)  We get our electricity from National Grid.  And our gas from the world famous Columbia Gas Company.  (And both bills are current.)  But the kicker is, the voice from EVERSOURCE is the same voice as the Agero Automated Dispatching System, aka Jackie!  I guess that Jackie is moonlighting on Agero, LOL!