Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

This is just too close...

TowZone

Would have like to have seen another angle like from the rear with the beacon on. Yes, I considered that may be too dangerous until I realized the outcome had the tow truck been struck during the video.

As an concern and active industry. We need to get the names of these commercial vehicles in violation of the law. Present the information to their companies and preach it to their company drivers when we provide service.

No, we need to come to the realization that that is an unsafe workplace environment, and refuse to even put oneself at risk. Slow down and move over will protect me.

Well, how well did that work out for you? I guess my questions for you are, 1. Do you have an updated last will? 2. Do you have at least a million dollars in life insurance to protect your family upon your death? and lastly Do you really think a law is going to provide you with a safety shield to protect you from becoming roadkill when a piece of pig iron and plastic hurling down the road at sixty five miles an hour is going to protect you?

I would say that I do not mean to pick on you, but I would be telling a Pinocchio style lie. I am picking on you, because I do not want you to die on the side of the road, cold, wet, and alone. I want you to be there for your family and loved ones, see your children graduate from high school and college, marry, and allow you the opportunity to spoil your grandchildren rotten, fill them full of sugar and carbs and take them home and hear their parents ask what did you feed them as they bounce off the walls.

None of this is possible if you get hit, and expire, cold, wet, and alone on the side of a highway. I want you to live. I want others to live. Instead of, "move over my ass" I strongly believe the proper response should be, "what the hell was I thinking." "I did not build it, break it, or make it, and at the end of the day, I will go home to my family and loved ones." Please be safe and reconsider what is important in life. It is far too short. Do not sip out of the pond of life with a spoon, drink from it with a bucket.

goodmichael, this was from a FB post by Santa Fe Tow. You will find that Towbot is a remote program that pulls in topics from other sites. Townews posts News Stories related to towing. Tow411 recreates topics from the old message board. Towforce posts odds and ends from the industry. Most often FB posts or videos uploaded to the TowForce Youtube channel. And then their is myself TowZone that picks up anything left out there that seems of interest. I hope this helps to clarify who is posting and what the different screen names are posting.

Not that I'm taking sides with the trucking industry, the video depicts nearly all of the approaching semis that cannot safely move over. If they were to take action being that close, and in wet pavement, they could have created havoc with traffic in the lanes next to them. We all can agree that working any shoulder scenario is a dangerous and risky practice to where law enforcement also is opting to not help out because of the number of police vehicle's hit. Just follow the news to see that shoulder strikes are on the rise, not just for tow trucks, but all responders.   R.

Randall C. Resch

Archived