Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

I've been called rude

Louwo

So agero just called me for a tow going to flushing, Queens, NYC. I asked of they were fully covered and the lady said yes they paid for it. I replied saying if they paid you the additional I will not tow it for their rates going into the city. She said you are rude and hung up abruptly on me. Oops....

This morning I got a call from the Big A to tow a car almost 100 miles.  It was going to Falmouth, MA, which is on Cape Cod.  She said that their member did not have any coverage to cover that tow.  I gave her a price, based on my cash call rates.  Then I proceeded to tell her that the only way that I would tow a car to the Cape on Memorial Day morning is for that quoted cash call rate.  The traffic both ways is obscene on Memorial Day weekend.  I told her not to even think of having the customer pay them what I quoted on their credit card over the phone, and then tell me that now the member has coverage, and that I am to tow that car at motor club rates.  The result?  CLICK.  I feel bad for the poor bugger who is sitting on the side of I-93, in danger, waiting for someone to help him, while we play games.

its better yet when you tow a car for them they say there are covered you tow the car cust asked you for a receipt and say they paid them x amount for tow and a lot more then they paid you almost twice as much 
Been there before. When our rates covered the $75 limit of the member and then they pad appx $60 to the roadside. I just tell them this company did not physically collect any money from you. Call who you called before asking for a receipt.

This morning I got a call from the Big A to tow a car almost 100 miles.  It was going to Falmouth, MA, which is on Cape Cod.  She said that their member did not have any coverage to cover that tow.  I gave her a price, based on my cash call rates.  Then I proceeded to tell her that the only way that I would tow a car to the Cape on Memorial Day morning is for that quoted cash call rate.  The traffic both ways is obscene on Memorial Day weekend.  I told her not to even think of having the customer pay them what I quoted on their credit card over the phone, and then tell me that now the member has coverage, and that I am to tow that car at motor club rates.  The result?  CLICK.  I feel bad for the poor bugger who is sitting on the side of I-93, in danger, waiting for someone to help him, while we play games.
Had that as well. Quote a tow or overage 5 min later all of a sudden they are fully covered. I say sorry my driver is on another call and now remove me from the list for this call. I stop giving them quotes on the phone. I just say it is between me and who I will be collecting the money from.

I now give them quotes figuring the jobs round trip time at $175 per hour.    Its amazing how they bite a few times a week at those rates.  I love it when they get desperate and they email that credit card over.

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

I now give them quotes figuring the jobs round trip time at $175 per hour.    Its amazing how they bite a few times a week at those rates.  I love it when they get desperate and they email that credit card over.
Yup.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived