Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Can't Make This Stuff Up....

So a week or so ago we get a call for a theft recovery that was crashed in the woods. Turns up, a guy in Massachusetts sets a meeting on the date site "Grinder" for alternate life styles... He meets the guy and apparently doesn't hit it off because the guy steels his car and brings it back to our town where he proceeds to crash about a block from his house! He leaves the car and someone reports the incident to the police. When they arrive, they find that it was reported stolen and start looking for the culprit who has "Blue" hair?...LoL... They go to the guys house and arrest him for the incident. We recover the car and take it to the barracks for Chain Of Evidence processing. Once complete, they have us pick it up for storage. The insurance company decides they want it transported back to Mass for repairs...

20230208_154521.thumb.jpg.dbc8fdf2a4472a5fb3c66fc76913cc08.jpg

So I took it up the other day, a nice 500 mile trip...

20230208_154727.thumb.jpg.445380571f2645038c3b7da645becacb.jpg

Not a big deal...just thought it was a funny story. Best part was it paid very well!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dperone said:

Sounds like it worked out perfect for you. I'm surprised they paid you to take it that far and didn't try to find some low ball salvage guy. I guess none of their trucks would've made it that far. 

Eddie told them $1600, it was just under 250 loaded miles...I thought that was ok and they jumped on like a dog in heat! Then we started thinking that maybe we were too low?...LoL

I forgot to post this picture...It didn't have much damage...

20230208_154507.thumb.jpg.f82cd0b4b67bb698d2c0f86ff419d7e8.jpg

• Like 1