Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ugly Peterbilt?

Towed one of them there ugly Peterbilts the other day for the 1st time....

20230127_172825.thumb.jpg.5a17f14d053899f3d739d7235c376041.jpg

Actually I towed it to the dealer a couple weeks ago and now brought it back to the customer after computer repairs. Don't know much about them...easy to tow. 

No offence if anyone is running one of these...LoL

• Like 1

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That would be considered stylish in another country. The Problem I have is many of the companies, generally small ones. They will take a box off a full size truck and put it on the back of one like this one. With that size, is this Peterbilt Model Wider this the others? The frame appears to be heavier with larger Wheels & Tires in the image. Could it be just the angle...

@EdsTowing 

• Like 1

The guy wanted us to repair it but Paccar engine...European designed...Alyson Trans....No, No thank you. I didn't have the time to have my guys get buried in that. 

1 minute ago, TowZone said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That would be considered stylish in another country. The Problem I have is many of the companies, generally small ones. They will take a box off a full size truck and put it on the back of one like this one. With that size, is this Peterbilt Model Wider this the others? The frame appears to be heavier with larger Wheels & Tires in the image. Could it be just the angle...

@EdsTowing 

Ron it was on 22.5 rubber, air brake, 33,000 GVW chassis. It was plenty stout. The customer took the refrigerated box off of it and is going to make it in to something else? Not sure...he was European as well but his Visa worked just fine... 😉

• Like 2

Yea it was like 4000 miles on it. Don't know the whole story though...like I said, we didn't want to get involved to much due to lack of knowledge & software.

I understand that these are based on the European DAF truck that Paccar also owns, but these are built in the states? There was another one from NJ at the dealer for service when I picked this up but other then that...I haven't seen any around.

• Thanks 1

Ed .....these are very popular the UK and Europe  in the  7.5 to 18 ton LF  range  on 2 axles   it is manufactured by DAF ...in the UK and Holland....they are normally fitted with either the 4 or 6 cylinder Cummins  engine .....we ran about 20 of these when we had the business....and got a good service life from them  with very little down time ...usually minor issues ....I think we had one that dropped a valve and a couple of gearbox  failures  where the gear lever turret snapped off ...apart from that   ok  

But.....that was more than 15 years ago when electronics wernt such an issue..

DAF is a subsidiary of Paccar    

This is picture of a  Daf  LF  tow truck   owned and operated by  Ashford Recovery....my dear friend  Nick Ovenden...

20190818_114046.jpg

• Like 5