Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

The push by insurance companies for photo uploads on wrecks and crash scenes, should you participate?

Here's an article about how insurance companies are pushing all parties involved with a claim to take photos, "in effort to streamline the process" but what's in it for you and who you should or shouldn't participate as a tow company in providing photos of a wrecked vehicle and crash scene..also, remember that if you do provide photos, that IS a SERVICE and you CAN bill for it!

https://www.dig-in.com/opinion/5-reasons-to-invest-in-digital-photo-enabled-claims?fbclid=IwAR3Pi3_oqAW9wZYxoP0lD0t9xi35JKuBh7WaRbd8mQP88FJFPwWp91QBm08

• Like 2

~ I'm not an attorney, nor do I represent to be one. I provide my personal opinion and that on behalf of myself, my company and our operations.

We have seen a lot of requests for pictures recently.  Mostly for pictures of the vehicle in our yard so they can do photo estimates rather than sending an appraiser out to us.  Once I caught on to what they were doing, I implemented a fee for our service.  1 hour at our recovery rate gets them up to 10 digital pictures emailed over to them.   They typically want all four corners, inside, and a shot of the vin tag and odometer.  Many companies will give us a hard time that I charge $175 to take some pictures, others pay it no problem.   I figure I am saving them hundreds and a lot of time with my service.

• Like 3

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

On 2/25/2022 at 11:09 PM, EdsTowing said:

We charge a 10% admin fee on EVERY incident so we send pics all the time if requested.

For the accident/recovery, we will send basic pics as requested as well... included in our 10% admin fee.    My above reference was to insurance companies calling for vehicle photos after the crash.  They have been asking use to take photos of the vehicle in our yard so they can do photo estimates of damage rather than sending an appraiser out to us.  Those photos, we charge an extra hour for.

• Like 1

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png