Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Doubled Up...

On 6/7/2021 at 2:38 AM, Njsss said:

How often that happen....

What’s the bed’s weight capacity & GVW?

Not often...but nice when it does. The truck is down rated to a 26k gvw. The bed is a 6 ton carrier.

Not sure on the weight of the manlift? If I was to guess I don't believe more then 3-4k? This didn't appear to be heavy for Rob, it might of been over? Not excessively though.

Those man lifts are pretty heavy lil buggers. I hauled one a while back and was surprised to see it weighed 5.200lbs !! It certainly didnt feel that heavy but the scales dont lie usually. 

If I had to guess, depending on what was in the van, she was probably right at or just over gvw by a few..  

But we all know they can handle way more than they are rated for if carried right and driven by a pro. 

I would have ran that load on that rig without thinking twice. 

It is these types of jobs where it pays off to stay on your local D.O.T. guys good side.. LMAO

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

I asked my driver after I posted the reply and he said it was 4100# (marked on the rental machine). The van was empty. He fueled up for the return trip and put diesel in it by mistake. We get a lot of cross fueled vehicles due to NJ & NYC folks not knowing how to self serve their fuel. We did a 21 Subaru yesterday and a 26' Uhaul today for the same issues.