Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Urgently getting into medium and heavy duty

ESC

I got the following email from Ugently:

Hello from Urgent.ly Roadside Assistance!

As you know, Urgent.ly is rapidly expanding, and of course this growth includes the services we offer our customers. That being said, we are now beginning to offer Medium and Heavy Duty Towing and Roadside Assistance services. Our standard rates are as follows...

• Medium Duty Towing -- $125.00 per hour, minimum 1 hour
  • Heavy Duty Towing -- $175.00 per hour, minimum 1 hour
  • Roadside Assistance (Medium & Heavy Duty) -- $85.00 flat rate
Attached you will find our basic classifications for Medium/Heavy Duty. 

If you can offer these services for our customers, please reply back to this email to confirm. If you do not reply, we will not add you in the system to provide these services.

If you do not provide these services, please simply disregard.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. We appreciate all that you do for Urgent.ly and look forward to growing with you in the future!

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, BillsGarage said:

We would like information on becoming a provider. Please email information to billsgarageofboone@gmail.com

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend contracting with them.  We tried and they burned us on $300 for a job.   They are now credit card up front and only call me when desperate.  I did a job for them last night.  Its the first they have used me in a while.... but lets just say I got paid for the job plus the $300 they burned me for on the last one.  Credit Card is the way to go with them.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, BlackAutoload said:

AND watch out for their scheme of $ or $$ or $$$ jobs.

Yes!!  That crap is bogus!   They have really been getting on my nerves.  But over the last two weeks, we have had 3 jobs from them.  $375, $475, and $500 all flat rate credit card jobs.   Gotta love it when a Benz is stuck in park and needed dollies.  They will pay up when desperate.    Im slowly making up for that $300 that they burned me on a while back on PO.  

• 1 month later...

They will negotiate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never let them tell you what they'll pay. They started off well paying our retail rates and I supposed figured they couldn't make their bottom line add up so they instituted the Gold, Silver, Bronze customer program ($$$, $$, $). They basically said in the email right before this program was to ensue, that some customers have paid for the a higher service limit....ipso facto....the gold service and so on until you get to Bronze. The change for us, the providers is that we are paid our initial rates we signed up with Urgently with for the Gold service ($$$) but they now require a faster ETA. The Silver service ($$) is a % of your initial rates, and Bronze ($) has an even lower %. This program or initiative was enacted a year ago now and I've yet to see a customer have Gold level service. So, its just another attempt in my eyes at cutting rates. 

But like Eagle said, they'll pay up. Every call we do now for them is a generous flat rate fee. They dont balk. I think their just paying for customer satisfaction in an effort to leverage that against the bigger MC's when competing for contracts. Force them to pay what your experience, time, and equipment are worth. 

Archived