Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

YouTube: Car On Tracks 4/24/2021

Safety & Training Opportunity:

This is not how I would have recovered the vehicle from the tracks. So I am seeking opinions, how many think the front bumper is now trashed? As well as possible the engine components such as the radiator? Plus I would not have backed my tow truck onto the tracks as the gravel around them is often loose and you can unknowingly cause damage to the tracks. Sounds hard to fathom how you can damage RR Tracks, however vehicles have done just that in some cases.

Always confirm the that all train traffic has been stopped or being stopped when dispatched. Then confirm that the train(s) have been stopped and are holding once you arrive and prior to going onto the tracks. Never Assume!

I have 4 crossings in my city that are almost identical to this one and have recovered my fair share of cars and trucks off them. Blocks and cribbing are your friends on these. I carry a fair amount of 4x4's, 2x4's and planks. usually I will low line the vehicle, winch it up on to the cribbing and walk it to me while rotating the cribbing. If I can manage to back to it with my tires on the rail ties, ( the rail road has told me it is ok to do ) I will do that and load the casualty onto my deck but that isnt always possible if the vehicle isnt in line with where I will be. I wont drive onto the pack gravel surrounding the rails though. 

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE