Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

YouTuber/Live Streamer On Scene!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

While there was only a brief connect between the live streamer and the tow truck operator.

I can tell you that the situation was not handled properly by the tow truck operator.

I am not going to go into much depth. I am just going to give you a few of suggestions of how to deal with a live streamer.

1. If a live streamer shows up on the scene. You are already on video, do not say "Don't Film Me" just ignore them as much as possible.

2. If they enter your work perimeter or zone. Befriend them with a Fist Bump. Then Ask them "What is your YouTube Channel?"

3. At this point you have taken control. Now say, I am okay with you recording. However, for your safety I ask that you stay back.

4. If that doesn't work, make like to want them to record everything you are doing. Even prompt them as though you want to be the star.

5. Once you have taken full control you are no longer of interest to them. Why, because they are not creating a documentary.

6. The goal is to create a situation which plays well for their audience. It's all about monetizing the channel. You need to be okay with that.

This tow truck driver did well in that he did not interact with the live streamer again. However, he missed the opportunity to not be bullied at another accident scene. Just respect that they have the right to record in public, even though we may not desire to be on camera.

Now, knowing what I just said "What Would You Do?". I know many would still go on the offensive.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...