Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

GOING POSTAL

So, to make a long story short, I have pulled this very same postal truck (known as a long life vehicle or LLV for those who dont deal with these ) with the very same driver from this very same spot in these peoples yard 3 times now since we got slapped with the snow storm last Wednesday.

This guy simply refuses to walk up to the door for some reason. It isn't a terribly long or steep driveway either.. Not to mention this guy buried this thing to the frame rails all three times as well trying to romp his own way out before I would get there. In any event, she popped out of there rather easily all 3 times.

I have already informed the post master that the yard is going to need some considerable landscape work and repairs come spring time. It is just way too sloppy and muddy to really do anything with it now. I am starting to wonder how much longer this particular mail man will be employed..

I guess you really cant fix stupid... 

He keeps burying it, Ill keep pulling it... They pay really well.. 👍

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Maybe I should consider giving this mail carrier something of a bonus... I went out AGAIN last night and pulled him out of another driveway 4 houses down from this one.. Sorry, no pics. I was partially in the road so I was moving my butt to get out of there.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing you can count on with the postal service is that they get stuck in the snow. It seems that every snow storm we pull a bunch out of the snow, then a week or so after we replace at least 2 transmissions. One time my mail carrier got stuck at the mailbox before mine on my day off and I happened to be outside. I told her hold on, I'll get my keys and winch you out. By time I walked back out and started the tow truck, she had rocked herself out, going from drive to reverse without lifting her foot off the gas. Three days later I towed it in because it had no forward gears, and we put a trans in it. You can't make this stuff up.

• Like 2

I had stopped up to the local shop that repairs and maintains the local LLV"s the other day, and low and behold, there on the lift was Ol' 4266. I was told there is a mighty rod knock in it so thery are waiting on a reman engine. My guess is that it probably spun a bearing during or shortly after all the escapades that particular bozo put it through.

No wonder it costs so much to mail anything these days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We do quite a few LLV’s. Love them. Simple hookup. Pay pretty well. Generally good mileage taking them to a VMF. And no customers to deal with lol. 

Tough little things. Awful in snow. This guy somehow rolled his on a straight, dry country road, no damage at all. Once back on its wheels he fired it right back up. 

CDA05298-466D-4918-BB68-841D7063EAD1.jpeg

• Like 4

Light-duty driver running a Jerr-Dan MPL-NG on a ‘19 450 in the NOVA area. PPI, LE, motor-clubs, and private accts.